Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to get my Tesla tinted in Austin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone. At the end of the month I will be a new Model S owner, fingers crossed it doesn't get delayed. I'm planning on getting the car tinted and wanted to get some recommendations on the best places in Austin to get the work done. Any help would be appreciated.

I went with Shades Of Texas Window Tinting in Cedar Park. I have been pleased! They did my car twice (the second time just the rear hatch after I was rear ended). As it was totaled in March and the replacement is on the way, I plan to go back to them soon!

Actually the best place isn't in Austin but a short drive to the north side of San Antonio. It's 360Tint. I used them because they do 3M Crystalline and no one in Austin does (or at least not last summer when I got the car). You should schedule now, he is usually booked out a few weeks.

If you don't know of the Austin/San Antonio owners group PM me for the link.

The store recommends SunTint on Koenig. They've done Porsches for me in the past, they do very good work. I haven't had them do mine yet because I want the ceramic tint and they want to do every window (including the windshield and pano roof in clear) and that's a bit pricey.

The store recommends SunTint on Koenig. They've done Porsches for me in the past, they do very good work. I haven't had them do mine yet because I want the ceramic tint and they want to do every window (including the windshield and pano roof in clear) and that's a bit pricey.
I've driven the car in Austin for a year and don't think you need to do either the windshield or pano roof. Would they really pass on the job because you just want the four side windows and rear hatch done?
360Tint where I had the 3M Crystalline installed didn't even ask if I wanted the windshield or pano roof done.

I am looking to rent a Tesla for a media event in Austin on Monday, June 30. I work with a State Senator in California who will be visiting that day and discussing the company in a positive fashion. He's also a huge fan of the cars personally. If you know someone that might consider helping us out, please let me know. We would only need it for 1-2 hours max and wouldn't need to drive it. Just to have it be at the event. Thanks much!

What's the best place in Austin or San Antonio for Photosync? Have a friend getting his car in San Antonio next month and since it's being picked up in Austin he might just drop car off for full XPEL Ultimate wrap and Photosync.