Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to get safety inspection done in Northern Virginia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any place that can do normal safety inspections should be able to do a Tesla.

Might be a bit out of your way, but Fallon Auto in Dulles is who I use for all my vehicle work (that I opt to not do), and they've inspected my Model S several times... good folks.

I assume the Service Center(s) do them? I used/do have my local place (Curry's) do the inspection when the car is in for something else. In an ICE car, I invent the need for an old change. :D For a Tesla, wonder if we should stack up a few little adjustments? Another case of 'do they know what they are doing' elsewhere, since they need to remove a tire to check a brake.

They don't. If they did, they'd need to inspect ICE cars too.

Tysons used to drive the car over to the Audi dealership next door, I think they stopped now.
That's a point on the general 'availability', as I guess you are supposed to be open for 'everyone', but, they need to do something for new cars! How do they handle those? I assume the car is turned over ready to drive. :D

That's a point on the general 'availability', as I guess you are supposed to be open for 'everyone', but, they need to do something for new cars! How do they handle those? I assume the car is turned over ready to drive. :D
It is, I'm not sure what they do now. They still might go to the Audi dealership nextdoor. But they no longer do it during the annual inspections.

It is, I'm not sure what they do now. They still might go to the Audi dealership nextdoor. But they no longer do it during the annual inspections.
Gotcha. Well, maybe I'll have to train Curry's on Teslas! :D They took pretty good care of my BMW 328 for almost 10 years.... and there will be thousands of 3's around needing inspections, never mind those of us with the 'higher' cars!

Last edited:
Reactions: Max*
Let us know what you find out. I had a similar question last month and decided to take my Model S to the local Shell station in Purcellville. When I asked if they did state inspections for Teslas, the answer was "we do state inspections for any vehicle on the highway." I interpreted that reply as a requirement for any state inspection facility, but can't confirm it. I can confirm that the Shell station in Purcellville happily performed the inspection on my car.