Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to place ExpressToll switchable HOV Transponder?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for those living around Den/Boulder. Have any of you installed the ExpressToll switchable HOV transponder? If so, where on the windshield did you place it to be successful. Our DS said anywhere on the tint (so does the manual), but that was contrary to what some people wrote on TMC about their Easypass. Thanks in advance.

Question for those living around Den/Boulder. Have any of you installed the ExpressToll switchable HOV transponder? If so, where on the windshield did you place it to be successful. Our DS said anywhere on the tint (so does the manual), but that was contrary to what some people wrote on TMC about their Easypass. Thanks in advance.
I mounted my sticker just under the autopilot camera and it works just fine.

Reactions: cclaygo
I actually have two different fast-track organizations that I can take to work depending on traffic, so rather than mounting it permanently, I just hold the transponder up to the windshield as I drive through.

If you forget, its not the biggest problem in the world since there is a license plate reader that they will use to track you down.

So, if you're not sure where you want to mount it, just spend some a week holding it up to the windshield to see if it will work before attaching it semi-permanently...

Generally speaking, I think anywhere around the rear view mirror is fine

I mounted mine over the left shoulder of the driver, in the corner of the windshield. Works great and it is out of sight.

The manual for the X says to mount transponders in the upper section of the windshield (the area above the rear view mirror). I like that you've put it on the left side so that it's not smack dab in the center. The tinting and location aren't a problem, then?

I actually have two different fast-track organizations that I can take to work depending on traffic, so rather than mounting it permanently, I just hold the transponder up to the windshield as I drive through.
No need to hold it. Just place it on the top of the dash inboard of the edge in the center. I keep mine in the little tray just above the large cup holder bay and grab it when I approach the toll area and put it away when safe after passing.