Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to store the Aero Wheel Covers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first impression on seeing the 18" Aero Wheels was Ugh! However considering the claim by the Tesla Eng. Team of ~ 10% efficiency for highway driving, I thought it might be practical to take my Aero Wheel cover along with me. In the city I'm willing to look good without wheel covers, while snapping them on quickly for highway driving.

Unfortunately the compartment under the trunk cover is too small by 2" inches, diameter wise.
However Front Trunk compartment works to store 4 Aero Wheel Covers.

I suggest make sure to have bags for them, or in some other way separate them for each other, as the vibrations will cause them to wear on each other. Also pack so the metal clips on back DO NOT face the fronts, in case that wears through over time.

<edit> Fixed typo, because why would you intentionally have metal on finished surface. LOL

Last edited:
Are you planning to snap them on and off as you enter and exit the freeway? I would think the right place to store them would be in your garage. Put them on when you plan to take a road trip.

I thought about that!, but some roads. one has never traveled upon, will always warrant a snap on snap off decision on the fly..
and yes I'm a bit cheap, .....Bubble wrap will also do just nicely.

My first impression on seeing the 18" Aero Wheels was Ugh! However considering the claim by the Tesla Eng. Team of ~ 10% efficiency for highway driving, I thought it might be practical to take my Aero Wheel cover along with me. In the city I'm willing to look good without wheel covers, while snapping them on quickly for highway driving.

Unfortunately the compartment under the trunk cover is too small by 2" inches, diameter wise.
I've read a number of posts indicating that removing and reinstalling the salad shooters will scratch up your rims.