Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where will your Model S reside?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It might be good to include a separate color for "Signature Special" (for Roadster Owners) since the numbers overlap (in Canada at least). I know there is a Cdn S5 and SS5 on the Tesla forum (I don't know if both of them post here, though).

Added--I'm pretty much alone in SW Missouri with the St.Louis, KC, OKC, and Memphis reservation holders the closest to me. I am finding the distribution, so far, pretty interesting as there are quite a few more on the East Coast and in the midwest than I would have expected--thinking the huge majority would be California folks.

To beat the dead horse....Why oh why isn't there a Tesla store in St.Louis or KC--heck, just put it in Nixa so it'll be central to KC, STL, Memphis, Little Rock, and OKC!!

I don't live in a rough neighborhood or am paranoid or anything, but there are folks out there that don't really mind taking other people's belongings and that may put this map to use much differently from the original intention... I think I'll just mark some general vicinity and call that enough...

Paranoid, from Wiki

Exhibiting or characterized by extreme and irrational fear or distrust of others

If you watch TV and believe any of it, you have irrational fears. I would be happy to give my home address, and I leave the doors unlocked, but to each his own. I just cannot let fear rule my actions.

And I've never had anything stolen from me except a Bible. No less.

Given there are 8000 reservations and the map has less than 150, I don't think you can draw too many conclusions about how many people near you have reserved a Model S. I'm not sure what a valid sample size is, but it must be more than 150 given the distribution of possible answers (places people live). It's not like a political poll which can get away with a tiny sample set because the answer distribution is also very small.

That said, it's entertaining to look at the map :)

That's pretty unfair. There's plenty to be worried about in this world, and not sharing your personal address on the internet is extremely common and normal thing. Though, if you leave your doors unlocked and share your address on the internet, you must live in a very peaceful and secure place.

He reserved 100 cars at $5,000 each. Total check written out for $500,000.00

It's some kind of car sharing service. Iceland has cheap electricity but very expensive imported petrol. He's probably going to be able to import the cars duty-free for that reason.

Given there are 8000 reservations and the map has less than 150, I don't think you can draw too many conclusions about how many people near you have reserved a Model S. I'm not sure what a valid sample size is, but it must be more than 150 given the distribution of possible answers (places people live). It's not like a political poll which can get away with a tiny sample set because the answer distribution is also very small.

That said, it's entertaining to look at the map :)
We're up to 187! There's no reason to believe that we have anything other than a random sample of respondents, at least among English-speaking countries. (Non-English speakers are probably underrepresented). Still, I agree that we can't make some conclusions from the small data set (e.g. "No other Model S reservation holder lives within 50 miles of me") but we can reach other, more general conclusions ("The Model S is selling well outside of California").

On the main boards, we've been sharing production #s and locations.

I've set up a wiki-map, so you can add your own entries. I'll approve them as they come in.

http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=295135

Please follow the color-coding convention in the legend at the bottom: red=Signature; purple=general Production; light purple=R list

Rob - You may get additional data on the map if you change the title of this posting to "World Map of Model S reservation holders". Just a thought...