Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where Would You Suggest Tesla To Build Their Supercharging Stations In Hong Kong?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanna check if there are any 62196 chargers in Hopewell Centre in Wanchai and saw this on 11/F of the parking:
uploadfromtaptalk1404712312003.jpg

I guess it occupies at least four parking spots.

It says "Upgrading Work in Progress". There was a high power charger for the Roadster.

is it a paid parking? Is there a a Pacific Coffee or a supermarket nearby? I'll be going there once a week possibly, in the beginning. No news of chargers in "my" parking except "Working on it"

i hope the superchargers will be open 24 hours, I have a gut feeling that could be needed dearly.

Sent from my Commodore 64 with 38911 basic bytes free.

Yes, it is a paid parking ($24/hour). Now it says, 6 hours free parking for EV without any purchases, I don't think it will be the case after those Superchargers are open as the charging for most Model S should be done in less than 1 hour.

Hopewell Centre
theeast_free_parking_b.jpg

There are couple restaurants, including McDonald's & Starbucks.

Have a look:

the East: Food Beverage

It will be my primary charging station before I can install EVSE in my parking or my bro's.

yeah, Hopwell (actually Thomas Wu I think) really supports EV. I hope they have someone to move our cars after charging is done so more cars can be charged.

A valet service of that sort would highly optimise the usage of the chargers. All we need is a password protected valet mode that restricts speed, acceleration, maybe even some sort of geofencing.

Honestly I don't like my car driven by stranger but it seems that's the only way to make the supercharger available to everyone. Anyway, the valet guy shouldn't have much fun from driving only Model Ss inside a parking . (the supercharger is located on 11 or 12/F of the building, so he can't leave the parking and drive your car fast )

Here are some updated photos of the new showroom/service enter. I saw inside and it is vast. I would say that the total ground floor area is at least 8 times the size of the existing one. At the old place they have taken over some of the service garage with desks to cater for the new staff.

IMG_1731.jpg
IMG_1732.jpg
IMG_1730.jpg

Nice photos, Lerxt.

The car park at TML is fairly large and currently rather empty since over 60 percent of the offices are still vacant. I honestly wonder if Tesla has made some deals with the Tower so that they can utilise it to temporarily store some of the cars and potentially built several Superchargers there. It'll be odd if there's isn't a single Supercharger at/near the Tesla service location. I'll be so happy if there is.

With Hopewell Centre serving HK Island, the service center serving West Kowloon/West NT/Lantau and a supercharger near the cruise terminal serving East Kowloon and East NT almost all of HK is within a 30-45 minute drive of a SC type facility. Somewhat similar to LPG stations around HK. Not everywhere but close enough to make it tolerable.

I can adapt my weekly schedule to make these locations work until my owners' committee finally approves the EVPower managed solution referred to elsewhere on this thread. Looking forward to meeting you all in person one day.

BTW, where does this East Kowloon news come from?

I have heard the same from the same source who told me where the launch would be. The superchargers being there is apparently one of the reasons why the launch would take place there, with the the other reasons being 1) enough space for 1,000 attendees to the launch; and 2) enough space for people to do test drives after the launch.