Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where's my VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ampster

Supporting Member
In April my wife and I visited the Corte Madera showroom and with the help of one of the staff there placed an order. We expected to get a delivery date in mid May. A day later [April 27th) we were notified that the car could be picked up at the San Francisci delivery center on April 30th We called our customer service rep and asked to have it rescheduled for May 15th.
During the last few days I became concerned that no VIN had been assigned to our order. I tried calling the 888 number but after navigating the menus was told the VM for SF was full. I reached out to our rep in Corte Madera and he emailed several team members. He hasn't heard back yet. Needless to say I am not going to make the trek into the City from Sonoma. Still waiting.

When you requested to delay the delivery by two weeks they most likely reassigned your VIN to someone who was ready to take delivery. Now you are waiting in line again for another VIN to become available. There have not been that many deliveries this month for US customers. Most orders have been international. You will eventually get reassigned a new VIN but it will depend on when the next batch of cars that meet your spec gets built.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Yes, that is what the Manager at Corte Madera told me yesterday. My expectations were skewed by the fact that I got such an early delivery date. The only improvement I would make is that the person who called about the delivery gave me an exact date and time for the reschedule, instead of telling me i was going back in line for next available car. The Manager said about one in 10 are going to domestic because they are filling up the next ship to leave for International deliveries.