Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which is the most important Supercharger location in Canada? Please have your say!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would have to say Kingston as it is strategically located half way between our country's two largest cities.
It was a real shame and total inconvenience that it took so long to get it going.
I would also like to add, and maybe I'm being bold by saying it, but I think it is also one of the world's most important Supercharging locations, in countries with Teslas, because it connects two major cities.
Where else can you think of where it took so long to place a SC of this magnitude anywhere?
My vote is for the Kingston, Ontario location.
Your thoughts?

Reactions: Ktowntslafan
I agree with Kingston, and put Woodstock as a close second as key to the 401/I-75 link between Toronto and Michigan. I've been doing a lot of work north of Detroit lately and would really love to see a SuperCharger in Port Huron which makes the 402 route feasible without having to range charge in Woodstock. Re-routing via Comber adds at least 1 hour to the trip.

Kingston is easily the correct response.
It is 540km between Montreal and Toronto (Canada's two largest urban areas) and Kingston is roughly half way.
It is 450km between Ottawa and Toronto (Ottawa-Gatineau is Canada's fourth largest urban area) and Kingston is roughly half way.

Reactions: Ktowntslafan
While Kingston is certainly the "correct" current response, I think that a 4 or 6 stall SC is really needed in the Ottawa area to allow for driving around Ottawa and the Gatineau, without having to waste hours at an Ottawa destination charger, as the Kingston-Ottawa return distance is too great, esp. in winter.

While Kingston is certainly the "correct" current response, I think that a 4 or 6 stall SC is really needed in the Ottawa area to allow for driving around Ottawa and the Gatineau, without having to waste hours at an Ottawa destination charger, as the Kingston-Ottawa return distance is too great, esp. in winter.
Agreed!