Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which lowering links do you have ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I'm in the market of purchasing some lowering links for my air suspension MS. Just not sure which ones to purchase. Please if you can state the ones you have purchased and explain how they are working out for you that would be grand.

Best

The fronts are very easy and you do not need to remove the wheel, just put the car into Very High mode, then hit Jack Mode to lock it up there. You will easily be able to see old links. I used my hand and a flat head screw driver to pry the fixed end off of it's ball connection, then carefully bend the other end up and away while stabilizing the actuator arm (so you don't break it) and it will pop right off.

I actually did the rears first with the rear wheels off. This gave me a better idea how the whole system works. Just make sure you take a good look (or even a picture) of how the old one looks so that it is situated correctly for the re-install. The new ones simply press onto the ball connectors.

The whole job took me 20 minutes.

These photos are of the links installed as shipped with no adjustments and suspension on low:

20170827_190521.jpg
20170827_192845.jpg
20170827_192853.jpg
20170827_192859.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: logan and Atlantan
Unplugged are brackets that replace the factory brackets and not adjustable lowering links. So it's just a plug and play drop with no adjustability. It makes things easy so you don't have to constantly fiddle with link lengths, but it is also a lot more expensive and no adjustability if you didn't want to go quite as low.

As BigCity mentioned, we have lowering brackets for Model S and Model X. We opted for brackets instead of links as there is no need to adjust at every wheel and reduced chance for installer error. The install takes about an hour and your touch screen functions as normal.

View attachment 244523
Sports Air Suspension Lowering Kit for Tesla Model S - Unplugged Performance
Do you guys also have this comparison for Model X? Also will this work on cars with 20'' rims? Just got my car with 20s.

Do you guys also have this comparison for Model X? Also will this work on cars with 20'' rims? Just got my car with 20s.

Not sure about the X, but it will work with 20" just fine. I have the 21" with no issues on mine, so 20's will just give you a little extra space or the same space if you've upsided the tire profile a bit. I think I've even seen some 22" with the brackets, but that gets really low. Looks awesome, but you better not be around pot holes and speed bumps much with 22s.

I love the brackets, the install is super simple, I've done it multiple times now and only takes me like 40 minutes. It's a nice set it and forget it with no fidgeting. For me standard is great for normal every day driving and then I use low when I'm parking or cruising at low speed on a known street. Not that you'll see them, but the brackets look great too lol.

Hi Everyone,

I used to have lowering links, and let me tell you, that sometimes too much adjust-ability isn't a good thing. My car is under warranty, and everytime it goes to Tesla, they reset those links back to stock. Plus, because these links are basically just a threaded connection, you really have no way of guaranteeing that every wheel is set "exactly right". Imagine being 1 mm off, you will feel it in your ride.

I switched to UP's Model S Bracket, and while it was about 50% more expensive, I love the way it rides, and it looks better than the lowering links could have looked.

The total drop appears to be around 1.3" from stock. It has been engineered to perfection. I have 20" staggered wheels, and there's no rubbing, no scraping, and as mentioned above, the installation is literally replacing the old crap bracket, with the anodized blue aluminum brackets.

You're going to love these brackets, the quality is amazing, and the ride is superb.

It is a tesla after all...go big or go home!

• Helpful
Reactions: All In
Hi Everyone,

I used to have lowering links, and let me tell you, that sometimes too much adjust-ability isn't a good thing. My car is under warranty, and everytime it goes to Tesla, they reset those links back to stock. Plus, because these links are basically just a threaded connection, you really have no way of guaranteeing that every wheel is set "exactly right". Imagine being 1 mm off, you will feel it in your ride.

I switched to UP's Model S Bracket, and while it was about 50% more expensive, I love the way it rides, and it looks better than the lowering links could have looked.

The total drop appears to be around 1.3" from stock. It has been engineered to perfection. I have 20" staggered wheels, and there's no rubbing, no scraping, and as mentioned above, the installation is literally replacing the old crap bracket, with the anodized blue aluminum brackets.

You're going to love these brackets, the quality is amazing, and the ride is superb.

Yes your are absolutely correct. I will be going with UP. Thanks a lot for your input my friend. Take care !!

Hi Everyone,

Sorry one more thing. Is there a way to adjust UP links to lower it to the wheels are tucked under the fender ? Only would do this at a car show when not driving it.

Sorry one more thing. Is there a way to adjust UP links to lower it to the wheels are tucked under the fender ? Only would do this at a car show when not driving it.

UP - Are Brackets, not links, the links you have are stock - fixed length links. The brackets are fixed with two holes (Sport - Lowered), and Standard - OEM Like. In low mode there is less than a 1/2 cm or so space...it looks amazing.

I'm not sure how much lower you could go from there, I don't have a solution for that bud! - but trust me the way it is, you'll love it.

A few have inquired about photos with different ride height on my airmatic lowering links. Phone photos below, excuse the pollen on the car. I am in LOW height always, except when approach big speed bumps.

Rear - HIGH...

IMG_0269.JPG

Front - HIGH...

IMG_0270.JPG

Rear - STANDARD...

IMG_0271.JPG

Front - STANDARD...

IMG_0272.JPG

Rear - LOW...

IMG_0273.JPG

Front - LOW...

IMG_0274.JPG