Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which winter tires are you biying?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for some opinions on winter tires. I am on 19s and thinking of going with the Pirelli Ice Zero FRs. Best pricing I have seen is with the group buy, followed by Zracing in GTA (around $1100 before taxes). The tire seems to offer the right combination of price, low noise and winter performance.

• Love
Reactions: mikeskuro
I was talking to 'a guy' at the Oakville service centre (no names to protect him) and he didn't think much of the Pirelli's that Tesla offers on their website. I bought the Michelin X Ice last year for my Model S through the service centre, and they were great over last winter. Far better than the Hakkapeliitta's that I had previously!

> I bought the Michelin X Ice last year for my Model S through the service centre, and they were great over last winter. Far better than the Hakkapeliitta's that I had previously!

I've owned both of these tires as well and have the opposite viewpoint: The X-Ice were terrible tires even in moderate snow. Poor grip, lots of slippage. The H2s and H3s are just fantastic.

New Model X for getting to Tahoe from the Bay Area. Need serious snow tires, so I got the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV 265/50 R19 (all 4 wheels) mounted on a spare set of wheels. Pricey, but if you need the best, then go for it. Easy on/off. Will report on life after 10 years of audi SUVs (Q5 and Q7), once we get hammered with one of 2m snowfalls.

Reactions: Legen---dary
I've owned Nokian Hakka's, Blizzak's and X-Ice 3's last winter on my Model S. I think you can't go wrong with the Nokian's or X-Ice 3, but the Blizzaks are too noisey and comparably less effective than the other two.

I found that the Hakka's are a great tire but a bit too noisey to be my choice. The Michelin's are the BEST winter tire, I have ever owned, when I factor in all of the variables which are most important to me.

Winter tires seem as much a personal preference than anything else. I had Blizzaks on my 328 and loved them. Leaning heavily to Blizzaks mounted on Replika R187 (Quick shout out to Wheelwiz.ca - my Replika's and TPMS sensors were delivered less than 24 hours after I placed the order)

Winter tires seem as much a personal preference than anything else. I had Blizzaks on my 328 and loved them. Leaning heavily to Blizzaks mounted on Replika R187 (Quick shout out to Wheelwiz.ca - my Replika's and TPMS sensors were delivered less than 24 hours after I placed the order)
Careful - the blizzaks that fit the model 3, especially the 18 inch ones are NOT XL load. The 3 is a very heavy car.

I've been looking at the Replika R187 wheels too, but the 18 inch are 29.8 pounds (WheelWiz | Replika R187 Gloss Gunmetal 18x8 +35 5x114.3mm 64.1mm - Gloss Gunmetal - R187 - Replika - Wheels), which seems pretty heavy. Any concerns for the weight?