Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White interior available for AWD /nonP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone clarify this for me? So I received a call today from my sales advisor, stating that my NON-P AWD Pearl White 18" will arrive on Aug 6th. Tonight, after confirming with him, I get an e-mail stating that the white interior is now available. The white interior was my dream interior, but of course didn't want to miss the tax credit so I went ahead with my order. Any chance they'd be willing to change the black to the white interior? I assume that there are tons of people still waiting for the NON-P AWD Pearl White that they could easily allocate it.

If yours is already built they may hit you for the $500 change fee, build you a different one (selling your current one to someone else) and push you back in the queue but they'd probably do it

If yours is already built they may hit you for the $500 change fee, build you a different one (selling your current one to someone else) and push you back in the queue but they'd probably do it

The 500 change fee is before production starts ..his car looks like its on truck ready to be delivered :(...only chance he has is reject and rebuild ;)

That sucks. I'd hate to be pushed back. What about people who can't get their vehicle delivered on time/can't get their finance? Don't they just reallocate the vehicle to someone else and when the next batch comes, let them have it?

Can someone clarify this for me? So I received a call today from my sales advisor, stating that my NON-P AWD Pearl White 18" will arrive on Aug 6th. Tonight, after confirming with him, I get an e-mail stating that the white interior is now available. The white interior was my dream interior, but of course didn't want to miss the tax credit so I went ahead with my order. Any chance they'd be willing to change the black to the white interior? I assume that there are tons of people still waiting for the NON-P AWD Pearl White that they could easily allocate it.

Good luck, reading other stories here this does not happen often if at all. Call Tesla, maybe if there is identical built that somebody wanted where you live, who knows?

Don't they just reallocate the vehicle to someone else and when the next batch comes, let them have it?

This VIN is allocated to ur account ..it won’t go back to inventory unless u reject than they may offer to someone that has identical build that wants sooner ...just find a reason to reject :eek:...also welcome to Tesla where these types of surprises/changes happen all the time :oops:

The 500 change fee is before production starts ..his car looks like its on truck ready to be delivered :(...only chance he has is reject and rebuild ;)

Everyone I've seen make a change on the 3 prior to build/VIN (via the edit config button) didn't get charged the 500, so I figured doing it after they just sell yours to the next guy on the list, throw you back in the queue with your new config, and pocket the 500 bucks.

That'd be cheaper for Tesla than sending it all the way to his dealer, making him reject it, and THEN rerouting the car anyway and building another for him anyway.

Everyone I've seen make a change on the 3 prior to build/VIN (via the edit config button) didn't get charged the 500, so I figured doing it after they just sell yours to the next guy on the list, throw you back in the queue with your new config, and pocket the 500 bucks.

That'd be cheaper for Tesla than sending it all the way to his dealer, making him reject it, and THEN rerouting the car anyway and building another for him anyway.

See here under “factory stage” https://www.tesla.com/order/download-order-agreement?country=US

His car is well beyond that..I misstated above the 500 is during the manufacturing process ..but his car is built already

But what happens to people who aren't able to get the finances in time before their car gets delivered? They just have to wait again, right?

I don't know but it still won't burn your legs when you sit down :)
Quality window film is your friend. As a bonus it'll keep you head/arms from feeling hot, too. At least 3M Crystaline. If you've got the extra money Spetra Photosync is even better yet, I'm told, though I've not had a car with it. Yet. I'm considering it for the 3. I'm waiting on a quote to hit my inbox tomorrow.

Last edited:

That sucks, but I wouldn't feel too bad. We are all suckers for paying $1500 to have the nice wood accent removed (probably more expensive) and having the seat material changed to jean staining white which isn't any actually anything more expensive and will require more upkeep...

I was in the same boat and edited my order but it's not the best value IMO.

I wonder how many pending performance Model 3 orders are going to convert to standard dual motor AWD because of this...

It's certainly interesting... Elon said they could make 1k/week white interiors for now.... so either they found a way to drastically ramp that up basically overnight... or they got (and/or expect to continue to get) WAY less P orders than they originally thought.