Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Interior Comes with Black Panels Around Steering & Glove Box?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

I'm just on the design studio on Tesla's website. I have noticed that when selecting the white interior in a Model S, the panels to the doors are also white but the panels below the steering wheel and glove box are now shown as black (previously they were white too).

When doing the same on a model x, it still shows the all panels (including those on the front under the steering and glovebox) as white.

Can anyone confirm if this is just an error on tesla's design studio or Tesla have indeed stop producing white panels on the model s below the steering wheel and glove box area and replaced them with black.

Personally, I preferred the white throughout and if tesla have changed certain elements to black I can not understand why.

Thanks all.

Hi Guys,

I'm just on the design studio on Tesla's website. I have noticed that when selecting the white interior in a Model S, the panels to the doors are also white but the panels below the steering wheel and glove box are now shown as black (previously they were white too).

When doing the same on a model x, it still shows the all panels (including those on the front under the steering and glovebox) as white.

Can anyone confirm if this is just an error on tesla's design studio or Tesla have indeed stop producing white panels on the model s below the steering wheel and glove box area and replaced them with black.

Personally, I preferred the white throughout and if tesla have changed certain elements to black I can not understand why.

Thanks all.

Tesla changed the model S to have black in these areas in the past month. Unfortunate that they did this as the two tone look in these areas is awesome.

i think in the online design studio the creme almost looks like a white which is ok but when i went into the tesla store and saw the samples in person they looked TAN and like a dirty mustard drk yellow color....
I will say that in the creme online design studio interior i like the look of the console all creme to match the seats where in the standard ones its black(like my s60d from 3/2017). I do wish the console areas were white to match the seats in our car but my better half likes the black console better-at least we dd get the ash console door that matches the ash wood interior-its a way better look then the door being black.

But knowing tesla dont worry they likely may bring that white back under the dash again-you know how they roll: changing stuff willy nilly a few times a quarter.

Last edited: