Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Paint Bumper mismatch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. Did your DS specifically reach out and tell you about this issue or did you ask about the bumper specifically? I’m picking up my white model 3 on Saturday. It was originally supposed to be a week later, but they called me yesterday and said it came in early. I haven’t specifically asked them if color mismatch exists.

He reached out to me regarding the issue and cancelled my delivery. I didn't ask for cancellation btw, he did that automatically since it didn't pass their inspection because of the mismatch.

I dropped my car off at the local service center for another issue, and pointed out the paint. The first person I talked to thought this was 'expected' but he'd have someone else look at it. I wasn't really expecting or looking for a change.

But now I've talked to them and I guess they've decided it needed to be fixed so they have sent it to get painted. Will post once I have an updated picture.

Well this just took a turn. The VIN was removed from my account. Not sure what that means but I didn't ask for a new vehicle. Kind of freaking out at the moment. Waiting to hear back from the DS. I hope I'm not stuck again in a queue waiting for a new VIN.

This EXACT thing is happening to me too! Paint issue reported by delivery center.... VIN gone from my account.

• Informative
Reactions: Faustic
It's funny seeing my car's picture get floated on here from GigiM3 :)
I recently made a post when I went to pick up the car on reddit

In summary they cracked my charge port and the bumper is aligned worse. I don't think I saw any improvement though I don't have as detailed before/after pictures as Indy3 Sadly.

I think the part that gets me is that the rear suffers from more mismatch than the front bumper.

Attachments

• 20180518_163543.jpg
    20180518_163543.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 147
  • 20180518_163206.jpg
    20180518_163206.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Informative
Reactions: dgaultiere
Well I took mine in for service today and asked them to look at the bumper color. They offered to have it painted and ordered a new bumper and will have me come back when it arrives. But now I’m wondering if should even bother. My current bumper isn’t really noticeable if you’re not looking. I would hate for it to turn out worse... :/