Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Premium Seats hot and uncomfortable?

Vegas Seats Comfortable

• Wonderful

Votes: 45 65.2%
  • Decent

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Satisfactory

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Bad

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Considering selling over it

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm really trying to help you narrow it down here. If it's an allergy and you have a general allergy medication that works for you (like Benadryl or Claritin) that will really help narrow it down. And yes, you might have to switch to a cloth interior, as the multi-pattern uses very different materials.

BTW the interior is _not_ vegan unless you order it that way. The material is synthetic but there are still animal components by default, I assume in the glues or some other element.

I'm really trying to help you narrow it down here..

For some reason I had no notification of your message. I appreciate you (and everyone) taking the time to reply.

I've got about a dozen activated carbon filters in car, a couple ionizers, and it's tolerable on short trips / commutes, but I did a short road trip for a training event and a full day later I still don't feel normal.

I'm discussing with Tesla best next steps, but GREATLY appreciate the ideas from everyone.

Feel for you. Does anyone else have a reaction in the car driving it? if not, then most likely a sensitivity you have to something in the fabric or something applied to it. Do you have a reaction all over or just where your body has come into contact with the seat?

Only other thought would be something airborne. Any problems with your breathing? If so do you have the BioWeapon filter, and does it help?

I can't imagine buying a car and having this issue.

Do you have a reaction all over or just where your body has come into contact with the seat?

I think safe to say airborne, my feet and legs are usually worst after much cleaning, ionizers, activated carbon, vacuuming, baking soda, and more..

Only other thought would be something airborne. Any problems with your breathing? If so do you have the BioWeapon filter, and does it help?

No problem breathing, Bioweapon Defense Mode either makes no difference or little - some days seems worse with it on, I think just mixing up the air may be worse, not saying the filter is not working..

I can't imagine buying a car and having this issue.

Me neither, but instead of doing the math mentally on the loss to sell I plan to sell it this weekend and end this nightmare. Tesla has been helpful some, we will see this week how it ends and how much they help with the loss.. Tonight I was in urgent Care saying there has got to be something you can tell me.. they offered meds but strong statement of stay out of whatever gives you allergic reaction.

I'm out of ideas and hate to admit defeat, but time to cut my losses and health risk and start considering ICE cars with auto pilot perhaps.. I see Honda has some low speed follow technology, Nissan with Pro Pilot, etc.. This was mostly just a fun conversation piece and fun nice car, it's been neither. I sold my 10 year old Honda Pilot, now I'll need a SUV again, sigh.

Wow sorry to hear about your Urgent Care visit and that you're ready to throw the towel in (but understand why). Since sound like you think it's source is airborne and not contact related now and maybe not the seats as a source, do you or anyone else detect any scents or odors while in the car? Wondering if some fluid could be leaking onto a heated part of the car and making its way into the car.

If you were fine in some of the other X vehicles you drove, any chance Tesla would work out something with you on some type of swap with you on a similar mileage vehicle. Believe you said your new car was an inventory car with some limited mileage.

Last edited:
BitShop, sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having. As someone with chemical sensitivities I know it's no fun. Fortunately I've had no issues in my wife's Model X with the ultra-white seats. This is the first I've heard of someone potentially having a reaction to the interior. But there most definitely can always be a first.

Have you asked your service center if you could borrow a loaner with a different interior for a few days to see if the issues go away? (sorry if I missed if this step had already been tried).

The ultra-white seats are made from some form of plastic, possibly PVC. Have you had issues with PVC in the past?

Have you asked your service center if you could borrow a loaner with a different interior for a few days to see if the issues go away? (sorry if I missed if this step had already been tried).

The ultra-white seats are made from some form of plastic, possibly PVC. Have you had issues with PVC in the past?

I've done several, 2 paid Turo rentals (one after returning a brand new X 100D loaner that was intolerable). Both were GREAT, although one owner needed to do some maintenance)..

Before buying my X I convinced my mother to buy a model S (this X is my second Tesla). I wanted to have same AP version and everything as her.. She has a few problems and had a few loaners also -- All great (will one had bars you could kind of feel in seats, but no allergy). Also did an overnight test drive in a X and it was a GREAT car.

All I want at the end of the day is a car that matches what I test drove, no allergies, nothing different that caused me problems..

I'm leaning towards just going back to other brands, my S is awesome but it's pre AP.. At the end of the day I just need something that gets me from point A to B, and if that's all a car can be then so be it, if it can't handle that task then looking cool and fast is useless.

I'll probably have mine sold this weekend, Tesla says no leather P100Ds but there's one in the showroom, in site, as they are explaining that - My opinion of their cars and their honesty is down the toilet with that, if you can't tell the truth then I don't want to do business with you, I'll support an honest company.