Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White seat cleaning in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many forum posts talk about cleaning white seats using products not commonly found in Australia. What products have you used to successfully clean Tesla white seats, especially removing jeans blue dye?

I've been using Waterwipes to give them a quick clean every week or two, however I've begun to see some blue transfer on the Model X white seat stitching which cleaning with Waterwipes won't remove.

The X seats have stitching around the side-bolster which is slightly higher than the rest of the seat. This seems to be discolouring slightly.

I use two products, both only available from a pharmacy. I dont have any blue jeans staining, so presume this is why.
For stubborn stains...coffee spill is the worst I’ve done, I use a single use zeiss lens wipe. The small amount of alcohol seems to do the trick. Great for the sunglasses too.
For regular cleaning, I wipe the seats over with a clinell wipe. Its the only wipe on the market (that I know of) that kills bacteria AND viruses, which is why many medical practicioners use the . Leaves the seats very white after each use, and do a way better job than supermarket wet wipes. Agree a damp microfibre regular wipe is also effective. The clinell wipe is just marginally better. Also very good for the steering wheel and other touch points as there is no remaining residue, odour, bacteria, or viruses
Not all pharmacies have these products.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Get them ceramic coated, I have with my white 3 seats and I don’t have a spot/mark on them (6 months of driving).....I juts use a damp micro fibre cloth once a month for a 2min wipe over and all done, spotless....

I’ve had no issues with the 3 which I’ve had longer. The seat design is different in that the 3 doesn’t have stitching and a raised section around the side bolster. It seems that it’s the raised part rubbing causing the stain.

I use two products, both only available from a pharmacy. I dont have any blue jeans staining, so presume this is why.
For stubborn stains...coffee spill is the worst I’ve done, I use a single use zeiss lens wipe. The small amount of alcohol seems to do the trick. Great for the sunglasses too.

Good to know - I’d tried isopropyl alcohol, which helped slightly but not completely. Also tried your idea of the Zeiss wipes but didn’t see an improvement. Clinell wipes sound handy in general

I use Autoglym Interior Shampoo to clean The stains from my cream leather seats then I feed them with a specific Leather conditioner.
Model X I think uses “Vegan Leather” so treat it like Vinyl and finish it with Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber care to seal it against the blue jeans rubbing. These are often available at Supercheap, Repco or some hardware stores but I get mine from Carcareproducts.com.au (see links above) as they tend to have a better range of products and pre COVID I could pick them up from one of their stores.
No association with Autoglym or Carcareproducts.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman
Model X I think uses “Vegan Leather” so treat it like Vinyl and finish it with Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber care to seal it against the blue jeans rubbing.

Thanks, good suggestion on the Autoglym. I had some 303 Protectant which is similar in concept, as far as I can see, to that Autoglym product. The 303 seems to have removed the stain. I don't think I'd be game to use it too liberally on the seat though.

Perfect way to keep white seats clean is not to order them! I really don't know how you guys deal with it!

Got them treated with a ceramic coating....in truth I only clean them for 2mins if lucky each second week.

Secondly, the white seats are a much higher quality material than the black, go look at the sides of white compared to black seats in the 3, the black looks all creased and dodgy very quickly, for whatever reason this doesn’t occur on the white.....I don’t have a single crease on my white seats....still creaseless, silky smooth etc.

I’ve had no issues with the 3 which I’ve had longer. The seat design is different in that the 3 doesn’t have stitching and a raised section around the side bolster. It seems that it’s the raised part rubbing causing the stain.

Good to know - I’d tried isopropyl alcohol, which helped slightly but not completely. Also tried your idea of the Zeiss wipes but didn’t see an improvement. Clinell wipes sound handy in general

Truth is I do the same on the cream fake leather on the X as I do on the 3....it’s still perfect and nearly 2 years old (including the stitching looking all clean)......Tesla did a home service visit the other day and couldn’t believe how new the seats look. X gets way more of a bashing than the 3 (kids in and out of it etc.).