Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White touch up paint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there any touch up paint for the white model 3? I found a few rock chips in the front that I would like to use white touch up paint for. I want to make sure its the same color though. I heard something that Model S white is the same as Model 3 but not sure if I heard that correctly.

You can order it under the Model S in the Shop section of the Tesla website. Before I ordered my red 3, I confirmed it was the same as the S. I assume white is the same, but you may want to double check at the service center. They may even have touch up paint for sale right there.

It seems to be in very short supply. Showing as "out of stock" on the web site so you can't order it, and no service center in Florida seems to have any. But it does exist because the parts guy here found some at a far away service center and they are sending it to me.

It is a great mystery why white touch-up paint has been missing for many weeks from the Tesla website. I’m looking for my 3 and I don’t think it’s ever been listed for a 3. Of course, it is also an S paint, but hasn’t shown as an S item for many moons.

Come on Tesla, eventually you will be selling a lot more cars and supplying touch-up paint shouldn’t be that difficult.

Resurrecting this thread: So, I too am in need of the PPSW. Looking at DrColorChip, they make it very clear that the product they sell for this particular color may not match perfectly. I honestly would never expect a "perfect" a match, but of course we want the best for our rides. That said, I am leaning towards this product, but curious if anyone has had any luck with some of the other products like TouchUpDirect, AutomotiveTouchUp and/or PaintScratch products. These all appear to emphasize the multicoat nature of the repair to better replicate the factory process. When dealing with a small chip, do you think it's worth all the extra steps, or would the single color + blending solution offered by DrColorChip be good? I'm skeptical only because it seems the PPSW is one of the few colors not offered direct from Tesla (which appears to be a rebranded version of DrColorChip).

I got the official stuff from Tesla and, to be honest, it wasn't very pearly. It looks like a plain white. So you might as well skip the hassle and try something else.

I hear ya. I know the Tesla branded repair kit is not the PPSW paint code (at least as of this writing), so I would expect it may not be the pearl. There are several PPSW kits out there, just curious if the multi coat repair kits blend better with the multi coat factory paint than the single coat kits do.