Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WhiteStar styling ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is the 5 Series front with the X6 back

attachment.php?attachmentid=142&stc=1&d=1235076812.gif

Attachments

• 5 front 6 back (Medium).JPG
    5 front 6 back (Medium).JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 180
I'll do a magnum one and see how it matches.
But your illustration shows my point. You need padding on the top of the roof to make the station wagon fit in the picture (there are some parts of the background you didn't crop).

I'll do a magnum one and see how it matches.

Okay the magnum one:
attachment.php?attachmentid=145&stc=1&d=1235080724.gif
attachment.php?attachmentid=146&stc=1&d=1235080724.gif
As we saw with donauker's overlay of the Audi Avant, the back of the roof sticks out for the Magnum, unlike the ones comparing hatchbacks, which could pretty much fit under the cover. I'm pretty sure if this will be the case with all station wagons. I guess it is pretty close if you cut off the parts that stick out, but as I said you would end up with a station wagon with a ridiculously small rear window.

I redid the 5-series GT matching the front door line just like with the magnum and it is fairly close except for the back. It seems the back extends longer. Also for the front the slope is definitely closer to the GT.

Here is the 5 Series front with the X6 back

Edit:
Okay, I didn't see that one before I posted, I guess 5 series GT front & X6 back is the closest so far

Attachments

• modelS_magnum.jpg
    modelS_magnum.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 149
  • models_5gt.jpg
    models_5gt.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Yes but the length of the Magnum is spot on almost exactly. So this is a BIG car. Or at least a long one. So it is about 198 inches. Which is longer than all previous guesses and longer than the Karma. That is about half way between a 5 Series and a 7 Series

Last edited:
It's known to be the length of the Magnum already - that was the earlier mule wasn't it?

All you guys laying the X6 on the car are lowering the X6 to match the visible roof line. There is no way this is an X6 clone. If it was, the guy in the reveal picture would be a giant...

Can't... keep... up...

Someone a couple pages back (too lazy to look it up) mentioned that it's probably not a wagon, but has the functionality of a wagon. 2+3+2 seating and all. Elsewhere it was pointed out that rumble seats (like in my parents' old wagon) are an option because of the lack of tail-pipe exhaust. And I recall (too lazy to look it up) that Elon once mentioned rumble seats as well. Plus, I also recall a mention of putting kids in the back, not adults.

The teaser shots indicate that it's not a wagon because of the rear roof line. But they can probably engineer a lot of space back there with the electric drive train, so a couple of kid sized rumble seats (facing rearward as they do) is easily in the realm of possibility.

Make the back seats a 60/40 split and Voila! A sedan that is a station wagon.

Yes but the length of the Magnum is spot on almost exactly. So this is a BIG car. Or at least a long one. So it is about 198 inches. Which is longer than all previous guesses and longer than the Karma. That is about half way between a 5 Series and a 7 Series

Overlaying 2 unscaled photos does nothing to prove the length of one versus the other.

I was about to say that too. We don't know the scale of the photo so it is pretty hard to judge the size, though we can obviously still do comparisons of profile, since that doesn't change with scale. It would be very nice to at least know the diameter of the wheels, but sadly we don't.

All you guys laying the X6 on the car are lowering the X6 to match the visible roof line. There is no way this is an X6 clone. If it was, the guy in the reveal picture would be a giant...

Yes, I put both the X6 and the 5 series Gt lower than the Model S because it is well known they ride higher than typical cars, especially for the X6. I didn't squash them though, because that would change the profile, I just used the roof line & front hood line as the height reference.

Last edited:
I talked to a tesla employee at the town hall meet and he said it would be a practicle car. I questioned and he said you could put a bike in the back.
I jumped on that and questioned that a trunk with a flop seat doesn't fit most bikes so it must be a hatchback. The look he gave said "yep" but then when pressed he said "we are not talking about style and not ready to release that yet".

I think you guys got it close with the BMW 5 series front and vehicle height. Add a X6 back and hatch.

Obviously Holzhausen has to earn his keep. From his Mazda designs, I expect a little more rounding than BMW but not as extreme as Fisker's Karma

Hasn't anyone posted a pic of the Mazda 6 before?
I believe it's called a liftback. At first glance, it looks like a sedan, but upon closer inspection, it's a hatchback.

I posted the exact same two pictures a while back in the post here:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/news-articles-events/1514-tesla-confirms-new-models-2.html#post11496

It's in a different thread so it's hard to find.

At any rate, according to the new teaser pict the shape is a lot closer to a coupe than a sedan.

Even I will be willing to put down my wagon theory :)

Seriously the newer pictures tells me this is probably going to be a cross between a sedan and hatchback. As in it is more practical if the entire rear window opens like in a hatchback. Though they might have a split like the Skoda Superb has, you can open the rear hatch OR the trunk part.
I'm not quite sure I know the exact difference between a large hatchback or a large coupe. Isn't that the same thing ?

If there really is any truth that they still think of this as a 5+2 seating car, I can't really see where those kids should be sitting though?

Cobos

There was never any truth to the 5+2 seating. Elon has specifically talked about seating, and he did NOT imply there would be such a thing. He said it would seat 5 normally, 6 maximum. For anyone who knows anything about cars, there are a number of large sedans on the market that seat 5 standard and can optionally accommodate 6.

Doin' a happy dance too!

We have gone full circle from 6 months ago (Even ABG validated us)

Worth noting the Fisker to Von Holzhausen designer chage will affect the stying bits but it seems the basic configuration has stayed the same.

Confirmation

DSC_3196.jpg

DSC_3198.jpg

Note the roof
http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2006/2006-Aston-Martin-Rapide-Concept-RA-OH-1280x960.jpg

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2006/2006-Aston-Martin-Rapide-Concept-Top-OD-1280x960.jpg

Pix are from flabby's earlier links

Last edited by a moderator: