Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has ordered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hold your horses on ordering the Cybertruck. There is a decently sized list of other electric trucks coming out within the next few years. I would keep my options open for now unless the Cybertruck really is for you!
We can't get it for two years. I think that qualifies as keeping my options open. The pre-order is fully refundable. No reason to wait at all.

And, it really is for me.

As the old folks say, the proof is in the pudding, What ever that means. This is a lot like a timex, take a licking and keep on ticking. The more I look the better I like.
I like it just as it is. But I can just imagine it wrapped in some wild color scheme.
So I wonder how many preorders there will be. Is It is worth a hundred dollars just to say I ordered the world’s fastest truck
I have ordered one and apperently it will be available in Black and Stainless of course

i finally put in an order for a Tesla.. was debating between model 3 and cybertruck... i don't really need either, same price for either. but cybertruck is way cooler and more future proof... hopefully new battery tech by then.... got my place in line for a single motor...

i had a nissan titan truck before it was good to me... this i will feel safe driving family around on trips, wife can drive it too! RN1132289XX....

Reactions: SmartElectric
Hold your horses on ordering the Cybertruck. There is a decently sized list of other electric trucks coming out within the next few years. I would keep my options open for now unless the Cybertruck really is for you!

It’s a refundable $100. My hopes are that even if it weren’t $100 there wouldn’t be anyone buying this car who would hurt from that loss.

Plus I wouldn’t put this kind of cash down on a company new to the EV space. I also place a huge premium on Tesla’s AP as this will be our families people hauler for trips.

Reactions: ChrisOtt and DMC-81
We can't get it for two years. I think that qualifies as keeping my options open. The pre-order is fully refundable. No reason to wait at all.

And, it really is for me.
Not for me. I already have my X. It's for my youngest daughter. I may also get one for my son. He likesto take jeeps on offroad trails. With the Cybertruck's ground clearance it may work for that. Does anyone know?

I placed an order for a dual motor with fsd. Probably 50/50 whether I end up buying one. I wanted the tri-motor but couldn’t justify it since I don’t need the range, only want the power, could always switch later on if that changes. It would be great if my wife drove it or took my model 3 to replace her Infiniti suv (qx60 which is fine but so boring and slow).

I placed an order for a dual motor with fsd. Probably 50/50 whether I end up buying one. I wanted the tri-motor but couldn’t justify it since I don’t need the range, only want the power, could always switch later on if that changes. It would be great if my wife drove it or took my model 3 to replace her Infiniti suv (qx60 which is fine but so boring and slow).

This is almost my exact situation. I love the idea of a sub-3 second 0-60, but I can’t justify spending an additional $20k when I don’t *really* need the power or additional range.
If I can afford maybe a 50% down payment along with other financial priorities, I’ll pull the trigger. We’ll see.

Reactions: McMoo
This is almost my exact situation. I love the idea of a sub-3 second 0-60, but I can’t justify spending an additional $20k when I don’t *really* need the power or additional range.
If I can afford maybe a 50% down payment along with other financial priorities, I’ll pull the trigger. We’ll see.
Range for me is the most important thing. Yes, the trip-motor is definitely an aspirational vehicle that will require sacrifice and saving but, I think it will totally be worth it. The bonus perks will be the sub 3-second 0-60 times.

Range for me is the most important thing. Yes, the trip-motor is definitely an aspirational vehicle that will require sacrifice and saving but, I think it will totally be worth it. The bonus perks will be the sub 3-second 0-60 times.

Sub 3 second 0-60 is amazing but I’ve gotten used to it in my model 3. With the CT being so large I would settle for it being a little slower. I’ve had my model 3 for 7 months and the most battery I’ve used in a day was 40%. With very young kids we don’t take many road trips, that could change by the time we place an order although still don’t think it would be more than 2-3 per year.

I’m also hopeful 300+ miles could turn into 330-350. Model Y was underrated by more than 10% and maybe CT will be similar.

Last edited:
Reactions: steveb944