Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who Has the Oldest Undelivered Model S Refresh Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We placed an order for a new S around the first week of January 2021. We later changed the order to 21" wheels in June when we saw cars with 21" wheels were being delivered. Since we ordered a white interior, that didn't really help us and our EDD was eventually set for the 4th week of November. When we finally got a VIN assigned a couple weeks back, we saw it was a 2021 VIN. Since we've been waiting 10+ months, we decided to skip that vehicle and hold out a couple more weeks for a 2022 VIN. We know there probably won't be any difference between 2021 and 2022 vehicles but we didn't want to risk it again. Back in early 2019, we took delivery of one of the last non-Raven Model X right before the Raven came out and the price was lowered. We now have an estimated delivery range for our new Model S for the second half of December.

Our December 2020 Model X order still has a January 2022 EDD.

I was moved from an EDD starting today, to the NEXT EOQ - some random date in March to March 31. This is my fifth time to reaching my EDD range to be moved another month and I ordered 3/8/21. I reapplied for credit at Tesla's direction in December when my EDD was eight days away (12/28-12/31). There are two possible benefits to this: (1) if there is any truth to the new lights/batteries/tilting screen or other rumors, there is a better chance to get it, and (2) the EQS I ordered with the intention of taking whichever one comes first may actually come if MB clears up its chip problems.

At this point I’m hoping Audi announces their big enhancements to the 2023 Etron GT and I’ll hold for that.

On credit, I was advised to say I’m paying cash and then switch it if I need to once delivery is scheduled. It’s ridiculous that Tesla advises people to apply for credit while shifting their delivery dates.