Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has tinted their Plaid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took the shop I went to a day to do all windows around the entire car.

If you're getting pushback, call a performance shop that specializes in working with "exotic" cars like Porsches, etc. They usually have more broad experience with nuances of different models, like the Model S.

I want to have all four windows and the rear tinted on my Plaid. Are these cars difficult to tint? I already had one tint shop say no.
I’m having mine tinted Wed/Thurs in Cornelius while it’s in the shop for paint correction and ceramic coatings. You probably don’t wanna wait til you’re in Mooresville but if you do, I’m happy to share the shop info.

I used these guys in Charlotte for my Model 3 and was happy. Not perfect but pretty darn good. The fact that they market to Tesla owners tells you they work on a ton of them.

What nuances are there really with a Model S?
Very true. Little to none. The shop I went to said that Tesla had a bit more of a "slope" to their windshield that makes it a little more tricky, but nothing I notice and nothing that they even cared about.

I meant nuance in the sense of - if the shop/installer only has done a few of the same car, they might be more hesitant, whereas a shop that has lots of cars coming through (and, perhaps more expensive ones) might be a little more knowledgeable or careful overall.

Regardless, any shop that says they won't do tint on a Tesla just sends up the red flag anyway.

Reactions: WilliamG
Shop I took my refresh LR to said they had to do it by hand since the cutout patterns for the previous year were different and due to the double-pane glass, but they had zero problem doing it.