Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who ordered a Tesla Model Y without test driving one first?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One peddle driving is the best! Be sure to select the option before placing it into drive!
The Y doesn't let you change the amount or regenerate any longer. But I did okay considering it was my first time driving an EV.

Still, the muscle memory is going to have to be seriously remapped. The instinct to let off the accelerator approaching a red light to coast to a stop is pretty burned twenty five years of driving.

The Y doesn't let you change the amount or regenerate any longer. But I did okay considering it was my first time driving an EV.

Still, the muscle memory is going to have to be seriously remapped. The instinct to let off the accelerator approaching a red light to coast to a stop is pretty burned twenty five years of driving.
After a week, driving an ICE car felt like falling off a cliff at stop signs. I love one pedal driving.

After switching back and forth a few times, you get ready for the change, it comes back quick.

Been driving for 40 years last month.

After a week, driving an ICE car felt like falling off a cliff at stop signs. I love one pedal driving.

After switching back and forth a few times, you get ready for the change, it comes back quick.

Been driving for 40 years last month.
This is what I hear, so I'll take it, thanks!

But still, even knowing this, yesterday I couldn't help thinking that the pedal felt like it needed more "resolution" to be able to slow down comfortably. Finding the sweet spot between maintaining speed and hard braking was tougher than I thought.

This is what I hear, so I'll take it, thanks!

But still, even knowing this, yesterday I couldn't help thinking that the pedal felt like it needed more "resolution" to be able to slow down comfortably. Finding the sweet spot between maintaining speed and hard braking was tougher than I thought.
It takes a while to get smooth, for sure, more than a week. I friend described like feathering a clutch in the regen part of the travel, that helped me think about it. I might have taken a month to get to where my wife was not complaining she was getting car sick when I was slowing down.

Reactions: HellsKitchen