Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just test drove a Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post on this forum.

I scheduled a test drive for the Model Y through the Tesa website and made the appointment for this morning.

I do have GM Bolt that I bought last year but need more reliable charging network and flexibility for traveling longer distances without the "pucker" factor.

I am impressed with the drive and function of the Model Y. So much so I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one. I'm just waiting to see if Texas will renew the state $2500 incentive this September.

Also was told by the Tesla rep that anyone who owns a Tesla can give me a link for a referral and I can get another $500 off.

First post on this forum.

I scheduled a test drive for the Model Y through the Tesa website and made the appointment for this morning.

I do have GM Bolt that I bought last year but need more reliable charging network and flexibility for traveling longer distances without the "pucker" factor.

I am impressed with the drive and function of the Model Y. So much so I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one. I'm just waiting to see if Texas will renew the state $2500 incentive this September.

Also was told by the Tesla rep that anyone who owns a Tesla can give me a link for a referral and I can get another $500 off.
Sent you my referral link by PM if you still need one. Also a Texas Tesla owner, so if you have any questions about the ordering/delivery process, let me know!

Reactions: tradosaurus
I was also sold after test driving a Model Y in April - I ordered mine as soon as I got home after. I love it and enjoy every minute driving it.

No state incentives for me here in New Hampshire but the federal incentive is great and I'm looking forward to tax time next year for once.

Reactions: IdaX
Good luck OP
Once in possession, add your protection accessories, PPF (up to you), ceramic in/outside, tint
Lots of info sources on these

If you don’t buy FSD, sub one month and check it out, mind blowing (YMMV with HW4)

Good luck OP
Once in possession, add your protection accessories, PPF (up to you), ceramic in/outside, tint
Lots of info sources on these

If you don’t buy FSD, sub one month and check it out, mind blowing (YMMV with HW4)

Thank you. I'm not understanding all the acronymns yet. :)

I didn't know that you can purchase insurance through Tesla. I'm hoping it's competitve with my current Texas Farm Bureau Auto Insurance.

OP I understood but not the rest.

I would most likely have tint installed and apply a ceramic coating myself. Don't care for FSD and not willing to spend the $$$.
Remember that I'm coming from a GM Bolt . ;)
one thing burried in the advice is the Magbak display mount Magsafe charger, its 2x the power charging mat in the Tesla
big help especially keeping phone charged when streaming from the phone over BT (Bluetooth ;))

M3 with hatch
1693003718268.png

The Model 3 drives even better and has better rear visibility and range at a lower price. The obvious difference is that the Y has more interior room and higher van-like seating.
As my wife and I approach age 60, we like the higher seating. Our gov't facility has been forced to get EV's so we have F150 LIghtnings, Tesla 3's. and Nissan Leafs. I like the Tesla 3 but sits a bit too low for me.

As I read more of this forum some peole have complained about the cabin noise of the Model Y but we found it to be just as quiet as our GM Bolt. I believe the large battery helps insulate the vehicle from road noise.

Texas just imposed a $200 annual registration fee for EVs (as Georgia did years ago), I seriously doubt they would offer any new incentives. If you like the car, go for it.

Reactions: tradosaurus
That fee is in lieu of the liquid fuels tax that you would be paying for gasoline/diesel that goes to road and other transportation maintenance. EVs use the roads like all others and that’s one way for EV owners to pay their share. We have the same in VA, and it initially ticked me off but seems only fair unless you drive very few miles per year.

Reactions: wtlloyd
That fee is in lieu of the liquid fuels tax that you would be paying for gasoline/diesel that goes to road and other transportation maintenance. EVs use the roads like all others and that’s one way for EV owners to pay their share. We have the same in VA, and it initially ticked me off but seems only fair unless you drive very few miles per year.
No different than paying school tax when you have no kids or public transportation tax when you never use it. I agree though as the present system is paid on the amount of gas bought so the more you drive the more you pay which is a much fairer approach.

Reactions: father_of_6