Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who wants Carbon Fiber Interior Trim to Swap with Oak Trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are expecting delivery of a Model S with Carbon Fiber Trim and we would prefer Oak Trim instead.

Is there anyone in the Washington DC area with pristine Oak Trim who would like to switch to Carbon Fiber?

I'm thinking we can make an appointment at the Tyson's, VA or Rockville, MD SC and have Tesla swap out the trim between the two cars and it will likely just take an hour or two of labor. I'm thinking it is fair for the person receiving the Carbon Fiber Trim to just pay for the labor involved with swapping and installing the trim between both cars since Carbon Fiber is about a $1,000 option. The cost of labor will be just a fraction of that, and half of which you'd have to pay anyway for your own car. So other than the labor, there will be no additional cost for the Carbon Fiber.

I'd like to get this done soon so please let me know if anyone is interested.

This is a great opportunity for someone to swap, but the SC isn’t necessary. As daunting as it may seem to do this yourself, especially on a brand new car, it really isn’t that hard to do yourself. I bought a CF trim set on eBay a few months back, swapped it myself and sold my Figured Ash set to a member here. Most if not all the money you spend on a set can be recouped by reselling your original CF set.

This is a great opportunity for someone to swap, but the SC isn’t necessary. As daunting as it may seem to do this yourself, especially on a brand new car, it really isn’t that hard to do yourself. I bought a CF trim set on eBay a few months back, swapped it myself and sold my Figured Ash set to a member here. Most if not all the money you spend on a set can be recouped by reselling your original CF set.

I would prefer if a SC would do the swap as I'm paranoid! :)

So who has Oak Trim and would like glorious Crabon Fiber instead :D I need to decide soon so if someone is interested, please let me know soon so we can make the arrangements.

So no one with oak trim wants carbon fiber trim? If I don't get a response, I'm probably going to place an order for oak trim at the SC and have that installed and then put up the carbon fiber that was removed from the car up for sale. But then I'd have to charge for the carbon fiber to offset the cost of oak trim.

Last chance to get carbon fiber trim for just the cost of the labor involved in getting the trim switched! :D

Last edited:
So I just bought a brand new set of oak trim and waiting for the parts to arrive at the service center for installation.

This means that a full set of Model S Carbon Fiber trim will be available soon and I'd like to get $500 for the whole set including the dash, the center console lid, plus the trim in the center armrest area.

If anyone is interested in purchasing the carbon fiber trim set, let me know. You can probably offset the cost of purchasing the CF trim by selling whatever trim you already have :)

Reactions: rajin929
I am waiting for the local Tesla Service Center to call me to schedule a service visit to install the Oak Trim that they ordered for me. They are still waiting on a few parts. I will have them return the carbon fiber trim to me and I'll have photos. The carbon fiber trim will be from a 2018 P100D and will include the 3 dashboard pieces, the center console cover, and the armrest trim, all in carbon fiber.

I'm also waiting to hear from the service center what the total cost will be and I'm just looking to recoup the cost of the oak trim that i bought. I will know the cost of the oak trim within the next few days when they receive the parts needed. Anyone purchasing the carbon fiber trim from my car can likely sell whatever existing trim you have separately and recoup some of your own cost getting the carbon fiber trim from me :)

Thanks for all the messages. I'll reply back as soon as the oak trim is installed by the service center and the carbon fiber trim is available.

The service center already has some of the oak trim pieces and they are waiting for two more.