Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who wants Park Distance Control - Call to all Model S Reservation Holders

Do you want Park Distance Control Added to your Model S (EU)

• YES! I want Parking Sensors

Votes: 69 84.1%
  • NO! I do not need them

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • NEUTRAL - Don't really care either way.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I'm not an European Reservation Holder

Votes: 5 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Parking sensors are a must. On my current car I have a topview camera system which helps a lot when parking a large/wide car in the European tight parking spots. So topview is high on my wishlist aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is the poll closed?

That topview system looks very promising. It would be awesome if it could be integrated with the center display. Do you know who could install this in The Netherlands?

Achteraf inbouwen van accessoires heeft niet mijn voorkeur bij een auto in dit prijssegment. Zou af fabriek het mooiste zijn. Ziet er nu zo uit bij mij. En gezien de riante afmetingen van de Model S zeer welkom.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 330
Parking sensors are a must. On my current car I have a topview camera system which helps a lot when parking a large/wide car in the European tight parking spots. So topview is high on my wishlist aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is the poll closed?

Polls have an end-date, I would have liked to extend it but this is unfortunately not possible...

- - - Updated - - -

The results were shared with George Blankenship @Tesla, but unfortunately no response up-till now...

Cars are getting larger generation after generation. See the Golf just for one example. There are few exceptions to the rule.
Second, cars of ten, twenty years ago were easier to park also because you could see where they ended. With many modern cars and their awkward shapes and tiny rear windows you can barely judge their size from inside.
And third, even if "normal" cars (sizewise) might be parkable without PDC, the Model S is a behemoth!

Hmm... I drove a Chevy Suburban from about 1991 to 1994, with no parking sensors and no problems (and no visibility of the car's edges either). I think I can fit my Model S into the trunk of that thing... now that's a behemoth. :cool: