Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who with a score of 100 and more than 100 miles is still waiting for FSD roll out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Autopilot 2 (AP2/HW2)​

AP2 is the second generation autopilot hardware. The hardware for AP2 has been installed in the Model S and X vehicles from October 2016 to approximately August 2017. The hardware was developed by the company Nvidia. Compared to the AP1, the AP2’s computing unit has 40 times the computing power of its predecessor.

This hardware version of the autopilot has 8 cameras with RCCC color filter to display a 360-degree view around the vehicle. Improved ultrasonic sensors and a radar in the front supplement the information from the camera images. Model 3 vehicles with AP2 hardware do not exist, as Tesla had started to install only AP2.5 hardware in its new cars before the production start of Model 3. So, all Model 3 vehicles have at least AP2.5.

Tesla develops the software for the AP2 hardware itself. However, the departure from the AP1 supplier MobilEye significantly slowed the further development of the autopilot in 2016 and 2017. Even basic functions had to be completely reprogrammed for the new hardware which led to a massive delay in further development
Source: Tesla AP1 vs AP2 vs AP3 - Difference between Autopilot versions

So for all of us with legacy cameras, but the FSD computer and MCU2, are we SOL??? Is FSD just on an extremely long/farther out timeline? Are we wasting our time with the SafetyScore BS?

If HW2 camera support is an extra year away, then what is the point? I would really love some transparency here.

Source: Tesla AP1 vs AP2 vs AP3 - Difference between Autopilot versions

So for all of us with legacy cameras, but the FSD computer and MCU2, are we SOL??? Is FSD just on an extremely long/farther out timeline? Are we wasting our time with the SafetyScore BS?

If HW2 camera support is an extra year away, then what is the point? I would really love some transparency here.
I doubt they say a word, some day they will just start rolling it out or they won’t and hope everyone forgets until they get sued. There aren’t that many of us and we aren’t that loud. At least not yet. Still for some reason I am hoping for another wave tonight for refresh s and ap 2 owners. I will probably be disappointed.

No, and there are no refreshed MS LRs or Plaids with it either, even though the great EM tweeted all week that “All” with 100/100 scores would get it in the first roll out. Perhaps there was an * and fine print that we all missed….

Tesla is the most innovative company in the world. They always innovate new ways to screw their customers. They somehow managed to piss off both early adopters and their newest and highest paying customers in one swoop. Really impressive.

I’ll chime in.
Model S P100D delivered Dec 30, 2016.
FSD paid for from day 1.
Did the “recommended” MCU/infotainment center upgrade last year.
Sitting on score of 100 although to be fully transparent I was at 99 on Friday and returned to 100 on Saturday.
I’m sorely disappointed and equally frustrated with the changing goalposts and overall absolute lack of communication from Tesla. I feel as though I have been immensely patient but I have no more benefit of the doubts to give. So many of the opinions already stated here, I echo completely.

I’ll chime in.
Model S P100D delivered Dec 30, 2016.
FSD paid for from day 1.
Did the “recommended” MCU/infotainment center upgrade last year.
Sitting on score of 100 although to be fully transparent I was at 99 on Friday and returned to 100 on Saturday.
I’m sorely disappointed and equally frustrated with the changing goalposts and overall absolute lack of communication from Tesla. I feel as though I have been immensely patient but I have no more benefit of the doubts to give. So many of the opinions already stated here, I echo completely.
hopefully they take new snapshots of the scores!

16 days of 100 in a row now (1st day 93 :mad:), achieved 100 overall last Friday afternoon on my car. Guess I will keep on playing the 100 game until my score disappears or I get FSD beta.
On my wife's car, the one with FSD beta, the score is now gone, but I plan on driving it at least 30 minutes a day to beta test after work. Not sure if my wife wants to beta test...

Sitting on a 100 and yesterday was so dejected didn't care much about my driving and got a 97 for the day. Still at 100 but knowing even a touch of the brakes and I may be back to 99.:eek: Now I'm so ambivalent about what didn't happen (getting the Beta) and what might or might NOT happen (more people getting it next week) that I now HATE driving my car.:rolleyes: Need an attitude adjustment.:oops:

Reactions: boonedocks
I'm at 99 right now but my car is one of those early adopter/loser AP2 cars. I wish Elon would just give me clarity so I can either:
1) Drive my car to maintain my score so I can get in on FSD that I paid for
2) Accept the fact that I've been duped and move on with life and enjoy the car without worrying

I guess I'll probably wait another week but I don't have my hopes up. My wife is already annoyed with the whole safety score thing.

Well, I sent the following email to early access and fsd beta; will let you know if I receive anything other than an automated reply.

Hello FSD and Early Access team,

can you please clarify if a Model S originally built with AP2.0 (from late 2016 or ealry 2017) and later upgraded (FSD HW3 + MCU2) is eligible to be part of the easrly access FSD Beta?
I am not able to find evidence of such configuration with a safety score of 100 that received 2021.32.25

Thank you in advance.
Regards