Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who with a score of 100 and more than 100 miles is still waiting for FSD roll out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) Yes, hit Safety Score 100 on Thursday, Oct 7th
2) Yes, total of 700+ miles
3) 2016 Model X with HW3 and MCU2
Why is it such a secret that those with MCU1/AP2 who upgraded to MCU2/AP3 are excluded? Is this a permanent exclusion due to cameras? Is that an unreasonable ask?

I've kinda gone back to driving a bit more normal at this point. I think if by next week not a single AP2 car gets FSD, we know we're in for either a very long/perpetual wait or it's just not going to happen. My score is down to 98 at this point.

If they weren't going to give us the beta, why give us the button?

I've kinda gone back to driving a bit more normal at this point. I think if by next week not a single AP2 car gets FSD, we know we're in for either a very long/perpetual wait or it's just not going to happen. My score is down to 98 at this point.

same for us Refresh S yoke folks too....

@Cheburashka I can only think of two reasons, neither of which are good.

1) Incompetence
2) They want your yoker car data, but don't yet want to give you the software.
Or specific internal feedback on problems with FSD on yokers.

That Vincent has got FSD either means - they are testing some fixes for yokers in particular - or it was an oversight to give him the fsd beta.

@EVNow Options 1 or 2 was intended to represent the Public initial release. Agreed, Vincent may be testing some fixes for yokers - that makes complete sense.
I just added a 3rd option. Either in 10.2 or sometime after the button but before the release they got specific critical yoker feedback that made them decide not to push 10.2 to yokers. This can't be ruled out (esp given what we know about the jerky fsd beta steering wheel behavior).

ps : I so look forward to a "tell all" book by someone high up within Tesla in the FSD program - once this is all done and Tesla has released FSD (beta) publicly.

• Love
Reactions: jebinc
Screenshot_20211013-114849_Twitter.jpg

PhotoGrid_1634150732048.jpg

Screenshot_20211013-115018_Twitter.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Cheburashka
I so look forward to a "tell all" book by someone high up within Tesla in the FSD program
It would be a good read. Not only FSD, but Tesla in general.

At my company, we keep some financial data on some folks. We noticed a LOT of people were using MINT.COM to screen-scrape balances. Our senior management at the time thought this was a lousy idea and turned it off. I am the "keeper" of the switch. It was actually quite funny going to the MINT discussion boards and as to why people thought they were turned off for my company - everything from a grand, right-wing conspiracy to who-knows-what. I knew the truth but was prohibited from saying anything.

We don't block it anymore, but it was quite entertaining as to the speculation behind things.

If you’re going to wait, it might be worth trying to unenroll and then if your model starts getting it re-enroll. It sounds like data is not collected when you dis-enroll, but it’s not clear what it otherwise might mean to the overlords… Eg maybe you need 100 miles after reenabling

cameras is one possible factor the other is lack of redundant steering rack and e-fuse block

I asked GreenTheOnly if he thought cameras might be the reason why FSD is not on any MCU1/AP2 -> MCU2/AP3 upgrade cars. His response is above.

We've seen OEM's with AP 2.5 get FSD - I have no idea if those cars also lack the referenced steering rack or e-fuse block.

Why can't someone just tell us what's going on? Very strange.