Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whoa! Ludicrous+ added to my 2015 Model S P90DL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s perhaps what was intended, but the actually MBP functionality seems to be gone for now. Not a biggest deal as it only heated the battery — didn’t unlock any additional power beyond what you get from heating the battery either from use or supercharging anyway. But presumably they will fix it sometime to make + function like MBP or bring back MBP. There is another thread on this.

There is nothing in the manual to say anything about hamsters.

Elon was asked specifically about Hamster mode in an hour long presentation to investors dedicated to hamster care and the upshot of it was there are no specific provisions for hamsters, neither will there be in the future. You do so at your own risk .

Cool. Thank you, folks. I just noticed that Dog Mode was added, too. But what do I do if I want to take my hamster for a ride?

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne
It came with the 2019.12.1.1 firmware upgrade, but I notice the "Max Battery Power" control is gone.

Can anyone tell me what, if any, performance improvement accompanies this?

Thank you.

Performance improvements? They just crippled your car.

Search around for other threads about launch mode and max batter for P85/90D cars with the new update.

Your car lost power and more importantly “launch mode”. Don’t be excited dude... this was a horrible upgrade for hw 1.0 ludicrous owners.

Horrible and no communication into a fix. It’s actually been broken for over a month.

Michael

Sorry to say your picture is a bit creepy
D224A479-08A8-4324-AA5B-97FC3BBB6068.gif

Your car lost power and more importantly “launch mode”. Don’t be excited dude... this was a horrible upgrade for hw 1.0 ludicrous owners.

Horrible and no communication into a fix. It’s actually been broken for over a month.

It didn't lose power. It lost manual control of the battery heater. If you do a few WOT runs OR supercharge it will still heat the battery up to 115F which is optimal for the lowest voltage drop.

Doesn't mean they shouldn't fix manual control of the battery heater though.

That said, so glad I still have V8.

It didn't lose power. It lost manual control of the battery heater. If you do a few WOT runs OR supercharge it will still heat the battery up to 115F which is optimal for the lowest voltage drop.

My other car is a 1997 BMW 328i. Six-banger. And it's up for sale.

Seriously what's with a few of the members here posting their faces? This is the 3rd person I look at and go... uhhhh maybe stand back a bit.
Oh come on. I'm on a lot of forums, social media and news websites. Posting a graphic or face pic is common. If it bothers you folks so much, I will be happy to put a pic of Tessie up instead. She's better looking anyway. And blue!

EDIT: OK I put up a pic of Tessie. Everyone should be happy now. :)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: P85_DA

I just want to confirm that I LOST power so it's not just the "max battery". The Ludicrous mode has been neutered in this update.

I took my P90DL to the 1/4 for Friday test and tune night this weekend with my buddy and his M3 sport.

My best slip (91% battery)
R/T ... 0.217
60' ... 1.853
330 ... 4.936
660 ... 7.514
MPH ... 96.28
1000 ... 9.699
1/4th E/T ... 11.67 (114.12 mph)

One of my slips before the 2019 update:

R/T ... 0.117
60' ... 1.590
330 ... 4.543
660 ... 7.081
MPH ... 96.28
1000 ... 9.244
1/4th E/T ... 11.17 (114.56mph)

Results were consistent with runs getting worse as battery drained over the night. I was running neck in neck with his model 3 sport; this is not cool that a car that cost TWICE as much with a very expensive ludi option runs the same now.

We lost a F-load of power guys, this is not good.

The ONLY potential issue here is that the temp at the time of the run was a cool 71 degrees outside compared to 89 in my best run from before. There is a SC station near my strip and my best runs were run after a 100% charge and 8 mile trip to the strip. I immediately register/inspect and run when I arrive. I'd like to think the batteries were heated fully.