Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who's getting the normal steering wheel?

Getting normal steering wheel?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the QR code new? I don't remember seeing this from my desktop browser ....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 3.16.31 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 3.16.31 PM.png
    223.3 KB · Views: 83
Is the QR code new? I don't remember seeing this from my desktop browser ....

Yes, that's new.

On the website, it used to say Notify Me so you could put in your email address, and that's gone. Now you have to go to the app, and in the app, in addition to saying Notify Me, it says Out of Stock. That makes me wonder if they were in stock and being installed and are now out of stock. I never got notified before even though I put my email address in as soon as they had that option.

Yes, that's new.

On the website, it used to say Notify Me so you could put in your email address, and that's gone. Now you have to go to the app, and in the app, in addition to saying Notify Me, it says Out of Stock. That makes me wonder if they were in stock and being installed and are now out of stock. I never got notified before even though I put my email address in as soon as they had that option.

OK, thought I was losing my marbles for a sec. I'm fairly sure that you (and I) didn't miss it being available even for a split-second. Hoping this means they're getting ready for the orders opening up. Even odder is that the item in the shop shows 2 photos for it, and both photos are identical. 2nd one a placeholder maybe?

Standby and be ready is all I can suggest ... Stay close, I'll PM you if you PM me when it launches :)

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Ive been trying to order for over an hour now. Keeps saying my payments being declined for some reason. I even added a new card and get the same thing. Never had this issue before. I use the same card for charging payments and everything has always gone through. Going to be unhappy if I miss out on this wave.

Ive been trying to order for over an hour now. Keeps saying my payments being declined for some reason. I even added a new card and get the same thing. Never had this issue before. I use the same card for charging payments and everything has always gone through. Going to be unhappy if I miss out on this wave.

I had that problem, and I emptied my cart and then force closed the app, went in again to purchase, and this time it had an option for me to enter my billing address. Then it worked.

Ive tried that over and over. I cannot for the life of me get this thing to go through. It shouldnt be this hard to get a company to take my money from me.

I started using Apple Pay with the Tesla app a while back and it really smooths the process out. Most credit cards can be linked to Apple Pay (i.e. you don't need their branded card) -- might be worth a shot if you have an iPhone.

Is it showing the sales tax calculated, or is the tax $0.00? For me, it wouldn't work when the sales tax was $0.00.
Tax is indeed $0.00. Which I thought was weird. I tried adding a small cheap item to the cart as well and it calculted tax for that but not the wheel.
I started using Apple Pay with the Tesla app a while back and it really smooths the process out. Most credit cards can be linked to Apple Pay (i.e. you don't need their branded card) -- might be worth a shot if you have an iPhone.
I do not have an iPhone so that is out of the question for me.

Place the order for the wheel and have scheduled the install for Monday. Will see if Tesla gets the wheel intime for the scheduled service date.

I'm guessing (just a guess!) that the service centers are getting a bulk shipment. Hopefully not a onesie-twosie shipment for us swappers.

I do not have an iPhone so that is out of the question for me.
Well that's not going to be very helpful then. :) Not sure if the Tesla app can use Google Wallet... I don't do much android so not really sure. Sorry!