Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who's tinted their windows?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SigNC

Aug 23, 2017
NC
Anybody have an pictures of their tint job on the model 3? Particularly interested in how the rear window was tinted and how it was blended with the factory tint.

Edit: oops can a mod drop this in the interior/exterior area?

CC42D077-1F0A-43B4-B8BE-F754F2CAF128.jpeg
CF0DAA3B-292F-4303-B581-23BEC9F9643A.jpeg
3A48F2DF-3EAF-46CC-9F27-B1548A90A732.jpeg
D7FD745A-92DE-4E12-A5D3-24BDE9EC5A19.jpeg
Here’s some pictures of my 3 with 25% Suntek tint all around. The rear window film extends from the base of the window until the end of the defroster and antenna lines (just after the factory tint transition begins).

From the exterior, you cannot see the line. From any seated position in the car, you cannot see a line. Looking back you can see a line, but no one will notice except you!

View attachment 281473 View attachment 281474 View attachment 281475 View attachment 281476 Here’s some pictures of my 3 with 25% Suntek tint all around. The rear window film extends from the base of the window until the end of the defroster and antenna lines (just after the factory tint transition begins).

From the exterior, you cannot see the line. From any seated position in the car, you cannot see a line. Looking back you can see a line, but no one will notice except you!

That's pretty dark, how is the vision at night?

A broken clock is right twice a day.
Follow-up question for windshield tinters. I can't remember which forum, but I saw someone getting the windshield tinted and it looked like they were installing the film on the outside. Is that normal? What did your shop do for your windshield? I'm looking to get 70% up front but a little wary of long term durability on the outside.

Curious about the rear window tint as well. I don't really want to have "double tint" on the upper portion of the back window. I had seen someone that just added tint to the top of the defroster lines. But I'd love to hear more about what others are doing.

You can choose a high grade tint in a lighter shade to keep it light enough to see while being functional, but the hardest part is finding an installer that can actually tint the whole glass. From what I've seen partial tint jobs always look sloppy.

Anybody have an pictures of their tint job on the model 3? Particularly interested in how the rear window was tinted and how it was blended with the factory tint.

Edit: oops can a mod drop this in the interior/exterior area?

Sure, I'll post them later!

Oops, sorry. That must have been in a dream because I haven't even received my configuration email yet. :(

Congrats to - and envious of - owners that are already modding their cars!