Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why are the service centers so busy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep in mind the issues you see posted here are mostly the outliers. It's rare (relatively) someone takes the time to post about how great their Tesla experiences are. And of those some are genuine and others are just due to lack of knowledge and resulting frustration. I've had an M3 and now a MY and my issues have been minor and few - I believe the odds are in your favor to get a reliable vehicle. I like lifting the frunk lid and showing people the windshield washer fluid fill - hits home pretty quickly how few failure points there are. :cool:

Keep in mind the issues you see posted here are mostly the outliers. It's rare (relatively) someone takes the time to post about how great their Tesla experiences are. And of those some are genuine and others are just due to lack of knowledge and resulting frustration. I've had an M3 and now a MY and my issues have been minor and few - I believe the odds are in your favor to get a reliable vehicle. I like lifting the frunk lid and showing people the windshield washer fluid fill - hits home pretty quickly how few failure points there are. :cool:
You should take some time and read through the problems that people have with their vehicles, hardly "outliers".

Last edited:
I'd be curious about the percentage of cars in the SC for delivery clean-up type claims, oversights, etc.
I have been wondering that too. I bet it's a surprisingly small number, for us. If you hang here or on other car buff sites it sounds like every other person either rejects delivery or comes back countless times to have delivery clean-up type claims sorted.

When I speak to "normal" people with Teslas like neighbors for example they've never hard of nor thought about delivery clean-up type claims, they just drive.

I actually did take my cars back post delivery for door alignments and rattle type stuff. I pointed it out to my wife, she thought it wasn't the cars that needed work but rather that I was the one who needed to go and see a shrink, since worried about what she calls imperceivable or imagined car problems 🤣

Reactions: PNWLeccy
I have been wondering that too. I bet it's a surprisingly small number, for us. If you hang here or on other car buff sites it sounds like every other person either rejects delivery or comes back countless times to have delivery clean-up type claims sorted.

When I speak to "normal" people with Teslas like neighbors for example they've never hard of nor thought about delivery clean-up type claims, they just drive.

I actually did take my cars back post delivery for door alignments and rattle type stuff. I pointed it out to my wife, she thought it wasn't the cars that needed work but rather that I was the one who needed to go and see a shrink, since worried about what she calls imperceivable or imagined car problems 🤣
I was just noticing the lift gate gap is a lot worse on the passenger than on the drivers side (again), do I make a 3 request for this item?

There's a difference between not fully utilized/busy and having cars pouring out into the parking lot.

My local center has so many cars waiting for repair that it is near impossible to park if you want to visit the showroom. They have cars in for service parking in spots that aren't even designated parking spots.
Yeap..they definitely have an issue...although it has been better lately.

There was a stretch where appointments at many centers were a month out...and most of this seemed to be issues with the car that should've been caught in QA....

There are people bringing in cars for repair..but that's relatively small..and of course there isn't the normal service appointments for maintenance...

Tesla is great at engineering, R&D, Innovation; not so much at retail operations. Their focus is development and manufacturing, not customer service. And they don’t have to be good at supporting owners yet because it’s not limiting their growth. Buyers are willing to line up and wait months to get their product because it’s best in class even if the post purchase support is far far from best in class.

Reactions: Olle
I wonder how many cars sitting at Service Centers are new vehicles needing post delivery QC adjustments? Tesla knows, but it has to account for a large percentage of vehicles. And Tesla needs more Service Centers. So what do they get a handle on first?