Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why Are You Cancelling Your Reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good for you, Alavek! We should all cancel after this info release!

Me? Um, I'm going to wait just a bit (I'm really busy right now), but all of you, get your cancellations in! No, no, I'll be cancelling right along with you, trust me! I want that vehicle-as-if-I-designed-it with technology and pricing leaps above this crummy Model 3, just like you! What do you mean "ploy to get further ahead in line"? ;)

I might wait it out to see the dual motor (or P Model) performance specs, but I am most likely cancelling and sticking with used Model S's. Losing a full second on my current performance doesn't really seem worth it for me right now.
I think it might be difficult to go from an S to the 3. That's why I'm glad I decided to wait on the S until after I get the 3. I figured I might end up deciding to get two 3's instead that way, but the other way around was never going to happen.

1. Not sure what you mean. Like TexasEV said, you'll get what they have at the time and it will be the most modern thing on the line at that time. If you're concerned that perhaps they will add features later that you would like, then IDK. But that is the risk you take when buying and configuring and Tesla.
2. When did Elon promise 20%? The 3 is 10% shorter by my math, so what?
3. You expected a Tie Fighter, or maybe the Millennium Falcon? Sorry the cockpit didn't meet YOUR expectations.
4. Looks fine to me, for a pretty awesome sub-$50k car.

Lastly, you're crazy to cancel your reservation...this is a pretty cool car for the $$ IMHO. Good luck.

I think it might be difficult to go from an S to the 3. That's why I'm glad I decided to wait on the S until after I get the 3. I figured I might end up deciding to get two 3's instead that way, but the other way around was never going to happen.

True. I want a smaller car with the 4 second acceleration I have now. That would be a ton of fun, just like the Audi S4 we sold yesterday for the P85D. I would give up quite a few creature comforts for that. So I still hope there will be PxD Model 3 in the works.

Reactions: Lunarx
I'm only considering it because I'm in Scotland and RHD delivery is estimated as 2019 now.

I love the Model 3 and wish I could get it sooner. Need rid of my diesel BMW before 2019 though which is the only reason for possibly cancelling my reservation.

Good for you, Alavek! We should all cancel after this info release!

Me? Um, I'm going to wait just a bit (I'm really busy right now), but all of you, get your cancellations in! No, no, I'll be cancelling right along with you, trust me! I want that vehicle-as-if-I-designed-it with technology and pricing leaps above this crummy Model 3, just like you! What do you mean "ploy to get further ahead in line"? ;)

1. Not sure what you mean. Like TexasEV said, you'll get what they have at the time and it will be the most modern thing on the line at that time. If you're concerned that perhaps they will add features later that you would like, then IDK. But that is the risk you take when buying and configuring and Tesla.
2. When did Elon promise 20%? The 3 is 10% shorter by my math, so what?
3. You expected a Tie Fighter, or maybe the Millennium Falcon? Sorry the cockpit didn't meet YOUR expectations.
4. Looks fine to me, for a pretty awesome sub-$50k car.

Lastly, you're crazy to cancel your reservation...this is a pretty cool car for the $$ IMHO. Good luck.

Can't you understand the thread title? You're supposed to be on the not cancelling thread.

Canceling mine because I bought a Model S a month ago. Waited to make sure the 3 wasn't so amazing that I'd want to downgrade and now that everything is out there, can't see the value in it over the much better (for my needs at least) Model S. Plus I can only imagine the number of early adopter issues that will come up in the first 1-2 years. No thanks.

I think you had expectations way too high :)

Tesla was pretty upfront that the beta car interior was production-intent. They delivered on exactly what they had promised (with perhaps the option pricing being higher than many expected).