Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why Are You Cancelling Your Reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The hive mind here is pretty disappointing. I certainly wasn't jazzed up last night - I'm not canceling but I'm not jumping for joy about the car I "want" (not need) is going to be into the 50's.

The difference of opinions regarding the options and perceived value might be driven by household income but no one here is respectful to that. I knew the majority of the posts here were going to be taking a *sugar* on OP. There are people that are in fact disappointed; It's not that their expectations were too high but like I said, perceived value.

• Disagree
Reactions: N5329K and MXWing
True. I want a smaller car with the 4 second acceleration I have now. That would be a ton of fun, just like the Audi S4 we sold yesterday for the P85D. I would give up quite a few creature comforts for that. So I still hope there will be PxD Model 3 in the works.

Aha! You need a roadster! ;) Just bought mine, oh what a great car. Talk about fun, 3.7 sec 0-60, removable top, most beutiful production electric sports car on the planet......:D

• Love
Reactions: Az_Rael and CTreast
I think the "Sugar" is coming from folks who have followed TSLA long enough to know:
  • Just because Elon says something on twitter, doesn't mean it's going to happen.
  • Spec sheets for Tesla models are subject to change rapidly, frequently, and without notice.
  • You can't always get what you want. But you might just get what you need.
  • If you don't like the configurations offered, wait two weeks.
Cancelling a reservation now would be a huge mistake unless you absolutely need the $$ back. There could be a huge number of changes between now and the end of the year. This is not a traditional car company. Don't try to assess them that way.

I think the "Sugar" is coming from folks who have followed TSLA long enough to know:
  • Just because Elon says something on twitter, doesn't mean it's going to happen.
  • Spec sheets for Tesla models are subject to change rapidly, frequently, and without notice.
  • You can't always get what you want. But you might just get what you need.
  • If you don't like the configurations offered, wait two weeks.
Cancelling a reservation now would be a huge mistake unless you absolutely need the $$ back. There could be a huge number of changes between now and the end of the year. This is not a traditional car company. Don't try to assess them that way.

What's the point of having a reservation for something that will not be available for a year and a half? By then I'll be able to pick one from inventory.

The hive mind here is pretty disappointing. I certainly wasn't jazzed up last night - I'm not canceling but I'm not jumping for joy about the car I "want" (not need) is going to be into the 50's.

The difference of opinions regarding the options and perceived value might be driven by household income but no one here is respectful to that. I knew the majority of the posts here were going to be taking a *sugar* on OP. There are people that are in fact disappointed; It's not that their expectations were too high but like I said, perceived value.

You wanted something that accelerates faster, charges faster, has more range than a Model S with AWD, and you want it this year and you want it cheaper?

You are like one of those Yelpers that go to a $10 buffet and trash on the service and food quality.

Anyone can bring up a problem, but it takes a person of value to present a solution.

For example:

Ok - everyone. Model 3 is awful. Here is the alternative. More range, less price, AWD, equivilent level 2 autonomy as Tesla and also nationwide super charging network.

I'm waiting for the 'solution' to the Model 3 problem.

You wanted something that accelerates faster, charges faster, has more range than a Model S with AWD, and you want it this year and you want it cheaper?

You are like one of those Yelpers that go to a $10 buffet and trash on the service and food quality.

Anyone can bring up a problem, but it takes a person of value to present a solution.

For example:

Ok - everyone. Model 3 is awful. Here is the alternative. More range, less price, AWD, equivilent level 2 autonomy as Tesla and also nationwide super charging network.

I'm waiting for the 'solution' to the Model 3 problem.

You know that people can buy ICE cars too. If model 3 is not good, people can buy ice.