Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why did estimated delivery for new orders jump to 10-14 weeks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Rg3500

Supporting Member
Jun 14, 2020
Woodstock, NY
Tonight, just four days before I pick up my first Tesla, a metallic blue LR AWD Model Y, the Tesla website changed delivery estimate for new MY orders from 2 - 4 weeks to 10 - 14 weeks. Does anyone know why the sudden change? Any guesses?
I feel like I should have waited until after Battery Day to order. But I want it Now! LOL
9656753B-756C-4E3C-A528-993221ADAC53.jpeg

I feel like this has been written over and over again but if you want to wait for every possible change in spec, pricing and technology to play out, you will never order, it will always make sense to just keep waiting. There will ALWAYS be something new coming down the line. Best to just make a point-in-time decision then move on and enjoy your vehicle.

M
Tonight, just four days before I pick up my first Tesla, a metallic blue LR AWD Model Y, the Tesla website changed delivery estimate for new MY orders from 2 - 4 weeks to 10 - 14 weeks. Does anyone know why the sudden change? Any guesses?
I feel like I should have waited until after Battery Day to order. But I want it Now! LOL
View attachment 586073
ore than likely related to RWD or Model Y international production starting October. I’m not expecting anything from battery day to affect Model Y this year.

Reactions: decrypt and Rg3500
Checking the site now - it looks like the Model S, Model X and Model Y Teslas have slipped to 10-14 weeks EXCEPT for the Model 3, which is currently at 2-4 weeks. Could this be related to the Battery Day announcement? It’s strange that the Model 3’s timeline is unchanged as well.

Checking the site now - it looks like the Model S, Model X and Model Y Teslas
have slipped to 10-14 weeks EXCEPT for the Model 3, which is currently at 2-4 weeks.
Could this be related to the Battery Day announcement?
It’s strange that the Model 3’s timeline is unchanged as well.
I just checked and only the Model Y has 10-14 weeks.
My be the new world's biggest casting machine outside of the Fremont factory is the origin of the delay.

I am hoping it is just that they are trying to be more accurate. I was told 3-6 weeks 2 months ago and in reality likely won’t get until end of the month, so an 11 week timeframe. Had it said 10-14 at the time of ordering, I would be less anxious and more patient.

Reactions: Rg3500
It changed again (at least for me).
7-11 weeks for LR and 2-4 weeks for performance View attachment 586245
Soft push for more expensive vehicle before Q3 end? (Perf)
Imo they got really big backlog on LR AWD Y. Recent stats showed 3&Y together made about 80% deliveries in Q2. Thus S and X production is almost straightforward with no backlog. With 3k difference between LR AWD M3 and Y many ppl (like me :) ) could prefer Y over M3. Tesla didn't disclose volumes by M3 AND Y, just combined, but my feeling M3 got cannibalized by Y, thus not so many orders on it as well and here we have 3-4 weeks.