Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why did you cancel your Model 3 reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. I'm asking for my place in the line of orders. Was I the 192,373 order, as I suspect, or something else. Easy thing for Tesla to tell everybody, nothing to do with when we'll get our cars.

So just to know for knowing's sake? And this is the sort of thing that would potentially cause you to cancel your order? Or just something that would be fun for you? (Again, no judgement here, I'm actually just asking to try to get a better grasp on the argument. Sorry if my last post came off a bit confrontational.)

Nope. I'm asking for my place in the line of orders. Was I the 192,373 order, as I suspect, or something else. Easy thing for Tesla to tell everybody, nothing to do with when we'll get our cars.
No matter what Tesla says it'll matter what people believe.

How many times have they mentioned you have to pay close attention when using autopilot? How many people have ignored that and believed autopilot is all knowing then blame Tesla when it doesn't work for 100% of all situations?

Yes, it is a hot topic but people are speculating and snooping through code for fun because they are excited, not because they have their pitchforks in their hands while cancelling their preorders if they aren't given a specific number.
Welcome to the forum! You said succinctly the point many have been making or wanting to make. There is no evidence that not knowing the reservation number is a significant factor in cancellations, maybe that one or two people who have done so.

It is possible to want to know the number out of curiosity while still completely understanding why Tesla didn't release it and happily accepting that. I'm just posting to show support, but as others already pointed out, there is some heel digging that is likely to continue.

Reactions: RangerRick
So just to know for knowing's sake?

Absolutely. The Tesla 3 orders were a industrial and product launch phenomenon, bigger than any Apple launch, bigger than the Model T lauch to which it is more appropriately compared.

Tesla got money and credibility from our actions and should repay our belief in Tesla with some belief in the customers and tell us where our orders are in the order lineup. It is what the most read threads on this forum are about.

Last edited:
No point discussing the other issue, but just want to point out that you keep repeating this, and it's certifiably wrong. There are statistics to back that up, so there's no grey area.

Ah...so maybe 50%...30%?

Point is the place in order line is a BIG issue, much talked about, much in the press vs. the dug in heels neanderthals:p here who insist, against all the evidence that, "no one cares".

Ah...so maybe 50%...30%?

Point is the place in order line is a BIG issue, much talked about, much in the press vs. the dug in heels neanderthals:p here who insist, against all the evidence that, "no one cares".
I think we all agree that you care haha!

I know that I'm at 115k ish... because I know when I placed my reservation. I don;t need to know the exact number because it doesn't make a difference (as you've actually said yourself).

Your exact reservation order is proprietary information, it means nothing to consumers,

Well it means something to YOU apparently. You've actually tried to calculate your position in line.

I know that I'm at 115k ish... because I know when I placed my reservation.
:rolleyes:

I don;t need to know the exact number because it doesn't make a difference (as you've actually said yourself).

Seems you did need to know to the point of trying to figure it out. As for my saying the number in line makes no difference, don't think you'll find me saying that. The number is the basis for all the other calculations that delivery will be based on.

I have said that position in line is the ONLY thing Tesla can share with its smart, supportive customer base that it is treating badly by not sharing the information for which the customers have paid $1,000.

I'm sticking with my 192,373. Maybe I'll make that my custom license plate number. It would be fun to know where we all stand in the historic event but Tesla is being evil about it. Taking credit for our work.

Last edited:
I'm sticking with my 192,373. Maybe I'll make that my custom license plate number. It would be fun to know where we all stand in the historic event but Tesla is being evil about it. Taking credit for our work.

Whaaa? I stood in line for three hours, got refreshments and snacks and had a pretty good time chatting with the folks next to me in the queue. Then I entered my info and deposited a bit of money (that is refundable). Yes, we are part of a historic event on some level, but not anything hysterical.

Not like doing long hours, weeks and months of hard work at Tesla on the Model 3 project -and the GigaFactory, X, S, Roadster et c... There you have the all the people deserving of credit. And not releasing a number is evil? -Nah, not even close.

Reactions: S3XY and Genshi
Long A to start with, not the Air sound of the way I hear the middle eastern region pronounced.

And to clarify, it has been this way for as long as it existed, not a recent change.

I assumed it was pronounced Ay-rabb, not Air-ub. Like how Cairo, Georgia is pronounced Kay-row.

When I saw that in your comment I started wondering how locals felt about the name given world events and that part of the country's propensity to be non-Muslim, conservative/republican and fairly supportive of Trump. It's intriguing is all.

Not trying to make this a pro-this/anti-that political discussion.

I assumed it was pronounced Ay-rabb, not Air-ub. Like how Cairo, Georgia is pronounced Kay-row.

When I saw that in your comment I started wondering how locals felt about the name given world events and that part of the country's propensity to be non-Muslim, conservative/republican and fairly supportive of Trump. It's intriguing is all.

Not trying to make this a pro-this/anti-that political discussion.
when I was in Africa, the stripped horse was called a zeb-raw.......like the girls name Debra. Only Grigios called it a zeee-bra. You could tell who was well traveled by how names were pronounced. Amazing how many words are culture dependent - and reveal experience and circle of friends.
not sure why name pronouncing has anything to do with canceling car reservation...but this threa seems to have an interesting tangent.

when I was in Africa, the stripped horse was called a zeb-raw.......like the girls name Debra. Only Grigios called it a zeee-bra. You could tell who was well traveled by how names were pronounced. Amazing how many words are culture dependent - and reveal experience and circle of friends.
not sure why name pronouncing has anything to do with canceling car reservation...but this threa seems to have an interesting tangent.
In many parts of the world Z (zee) is pronounced zed so zeh-brah or zeb-raw would be the natural way to pronounce it for those people..

I think the difference in pronunciation is based on where one divides the word zebra for each syllable:. ze-bra vs. zeb-ra.

Applying the same logic, shouldn't we Americans pronounce Tesla as Te-sla ("Tee slah") instead of Tes-la (keeping this somewhat on topic). :)

• Funny
Reactions: Genshi
Sorry dudes / dudettes --- I bailed on (cancelled) my reservation today.

After reading the July 2nd Tesla release on their 2016 Q2 deliveries, I am becoming increasingly skeptical that the company, as currently managed, can deliver.

2016 Q2 was an unmitigated disaster on deliveries, regardless of how Tesla paints the -- very played-out -- ramp-up angle.

My perception: each quarter brings about new promises and proclamations, and each quarter sees let downs and well-phrased "ramp-up" wording. It feels like a politician (Hillary or Donald, take your pick) or news outlet, making promises or proclamations, that never materialize --- but they hope that you'll be so myopic that you'll forget what the promises were. I don't forget.

I PRAY I'm wrong and hope you keep this post and ping me in the future to let me know how spineless I am.

Peace out.

Reactions: Genshi