Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why not buy a Mustang Mach-E?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LasairFion - The UK is a lot like the Northern US... Only in the parts of the UK I was in, the streets are narrower. . There was a point in time where no one in Michigan had a car older then 3-5 years because they rusted into the ground...

I hope all EV maker's succeed as me, being the consumer, wins. Having Ford FINALLY take EVs seriously, is a good thing. Even though I believe all auto makers now are being forced to get into the EV game.

FWIW, (not much) I've owned 33 new cars in my life and almost every make from Acura to Volvo. (no super cars though) and they are all like batteries - have positives and negatives. None for me have ever gotten EPA ratings, EXCEPT when I have been on my long cross country highway drives (and even then, it isn't always). I take all of it with a grain of salt. Just my .02.

There is a difference between building and designing. If all they are doing in Germany is building them using the same parts, design, process, etc. as specified by Fremont then all I would expect is better fit/alignment, better paint, etc. and none of that will change how well the car will perform in the UK winter if those problems are not associated with alignment, fit, etc. Now if Tesla Germany is allowed to make changes, re-design a few things then that could make a difference...

I think it will be the case that the workers will have input. Elon consistently asks his staff for improvements, often direct to his inbox. He's also good at looking at how things are done and then improving on it or taking it back to first principles. I think that the German workers are going to bring decades of experience and that's going to get applied and improved upon across every giga/terafactory.

Reactions: DanDi58
Throttle house has a great mach e review.

my biggest concern with the y is what people say about suspension/ride quality. My drive is long, combo city/highway and I would love a smooth drive.

throttle house seems to say it’s very smooth except big bumps, wonder how it compares with model y. (Mach e was tested premium which I believe is 19”)

I've never had a chance to visit your isle. So for this Christmas I am consoling myself with a bottle of 18-year Glenmorangie.

Strange how all of life's imperfections - whether from the road... from the spouse... from our former president - drift away like Harry and Meagan from the UK when sipping the Glenmorangie.
Given the description @Lasairfion gave of the weather, I'm not sure I want to visit the isle. No offense meant, but I'm a Southern California native, so lichen and bone-chilling cold just don't sound quite as nice as a Caribbean isle. :cool:

And Teslas are more efficient with Caribbean island temps.;)

• Funny
Reactions: Lasairfion

my biggest concern with the y is what people say about suspension/ride quality. My drive is long, combo city/highway and I would love a smooth drive.

throttle house seems to say it’s very smooth except big bumps, wonder how it compares with model y. (Mach e was tested premium which I believe is 19”)
With a long commute, why get an EV for which you can't find a reliable DCFC station?

With a long commute, why get an EV for which you can't find a reliable DCFC station?
My long commute isn’t too long. 45 miles up a mountain on the way there. but sometimes I have to go back immediately when I get home. So 180 miles for two trips

I’m hoping even with an 80% charge and hill climbing both the Mach e at 270 and the model y at 320 can both do it (that’s why it’s tough with the mach e, but there are a few chargers at work)

My long commute isn’t too long. 45 miles up a mountain on the way there. but sometimes I have to go back immediately when I get home. So 180 miles for two trips

I’m hoping even with an 80% charge and hill climbing both the Mach e at 270 and the model y at 320 can both do it (that’s why it’s tough with the mach e, but there are a few chargers at work)
Well, assuming you go down the same mountain on the way home, you'd pick up a little charge on the way down. Unless it's like me to my kids, when I had to walk uphill to AND from school in the freezing cold every day. ;-)

Given the description @Lasairfion gave of the weather, I'm not sure I want to visit the isle. No offense meant, but I'm a Southern California native, so lichen and bone-chilling cold just don't sound quite as nice as a Caribbean isle. :cool:

And Teslas are more efficient with Caribbean island temps.;)
My absolute favorite corner of the world is Jost Van Dyke in the BVI. Best... secluded... little... Caribbean... island... until I just opened my big mouth.

But if you're going on a Scotch tasting and golf tour - you gotta go to the source.

Reactions: psuKinger
My absolute favorite corner of the world is Jost Van Dyke in the BVI. Best... secluded... little... Caribbean... island... until I just opened my big mouth.

But if you're going on a Scotch tasting and golf tour - you gotta go to the source.

I've been to almost every island in the Caribbean except BVI. As for physical beauty, they all are spectacular. Some islands, of course, suffer from oppressive governments or poverty; the contrasts are striking.

The Model Y 19" (and Model 3 18") is VERY comfortable. You are probably just reading posts from people with air suspension S/X or they came from a super lux land yacht that floats over bumps.

Reactions: db93
Just out of curiosity
From FORD media...
How the heck is the frunk going to close with that cooler sticking out like that ?
ford-mustang-mach-e-21.jpg