Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wider Model S stance and improved aggressive appearance with wheel spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lookin good!
When I got the Lexani wheels, they asked me what offset I wanted. I am about 2mm in from yours. They said that is the max with 1/2" wider rims and staggered tire set up. So far no rubbing at any ride height and HARD driving.
I only mention this so others realize they can do without the adapters if they are buying new wheels.

Another option if you do not want to use spacers for a flush look ... order wheels with a 15mm ET offset :cool:

IMG_5739.JPG

Ordered 18mm onepiece spacers from Motorsport Tech for my P100D model S (2017). Today tried to install them without lucky. There is not enough space for stock lugs on the back side of the turbine wheel :( the cap is about 2-3 millimeters.

Any suggestions?

E533CE7A-8377-41C4-8CAB-A9244467AE31.jpeg

Sorry to hear that. There was a different thread where it was specifically mentioned going with anything less than 20mm (IIRC) with the Type3 spacers wouldn’t work due to the stock studs hitting the back of the wheel.

You have a couple choices, but both involve spending more money. :(
Order bigger spacers from Lenny (you just need a few more millimeters right?) of the same Type3 style. See if he will give you partial credit if you return the current set or maybe give you a discount on the new order.
Order the flat/Type2 spacers that use the stock studs. Type3 is def more secure, but the flat/pass-through ones have never posed issues for people in the past (other makes like BMW, VAG, etc. use spacers much more than us Tesla owners).
Good luck.