Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wifi connection, St Leonards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My hardware version 1 car will not connect to the guest wifi at st Leonard’s. Had a tech look at it while there and he couldn’t get it to connect either. My phone and iPad had no problem. I am on the latest software, updated a day ago.
Anyone else with the same issue?
Irritating because with the increased charging times, I wanted to watch tv on the browser and the internet connection speed there is very fast. My hot spot is not.

My hardware version 1 car will not connect to the guest wifi at st Leonard’s. Had a tech look at it while there and he couldn’t get it to connect either. My phone and iPad had no problem. I am on the latest software, updated a day ago.
Anyone else with the same issue?
Irritating because with the increased charging times, I wanted to watch tv on the browser and the internet connection speed there is very fast. My hot spot is not.
Most common working solution is to delete/forget that connection and set it up again.

I had sort of the same problem. Wasn't getting updates and would not connect to wi-fi for probably a year or so. I got updates when at a SC and they pushed it through 3G. Had (supposedly) 2 replacement MCU's and problem persisted. Everything else worked other than no wi-fi or updates. They went through factory resets etc - still no good.
Eventually, they said my wi-fi connection from home, which was setup to connect automatically at home (it never did), was causing some sort of conflict and when it was deleted the wi-fi connectivity came back after Tesla service somewhere in the world fiddled with it remotely.
I don't know if what they were saying was true, or if knew what they were doing, or even replacing the original MCU (twice), but I didn't care about the details, and was happy that it was eventually fixed. I didn't care because it was under warranty at the time and I just kept on their case until thay resolved it. It also wasn't a huge deal that I didn't have wifi other than I had to get service to push through a 3g update. I only cared when they tried to charge me and I laughed pointing out it was a re-curring problem from the warranty period (by mileage, not time). All in all, they were trying their best but in reality probably didn't have much of a clue.

My post above from a different thread. Solution was to delete my home WiFi network from the saved networks which was supposedly causing a conflict.

Tried that and IT WORKS! Thanks! However, despite adding the network,it doesn’t seem to stick and need to enter it each time. Not sure what is happening there. By the way, no password required for this network.
Yes, it doesn't automatically join that network each time.
It should keep the network in your list of networks though, so you can open WiFi settings then select Tesla Service then click Connect.
Should work each time.