Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will a dishwasher fit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone knows if a diswaher (34"/85cm heigth, 24"/60cm width, 24"/60cm depth) will fit inside a RWD Model S? (with no children trunk-seats).

And a 55" LED TV at the same time?

Sorry for the weird question but I'm planing to pick them up (if possible) making a quite relevant detour in a long trip (on my quest to another country to make a Model 3 reservation) and will be really good to know! :)

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
I had to replace a "wheely bin", you know, big black garbage bin used for automated pickup. I took the damaged one with me, and it fitted just fine, although barely. When I arrived, unloaded, paid for the new bin, and went to put it in, the guys said "you know, the new ones are a bit bigger"... Oh Dear. But they popped the wheels off and it, too, fitted fine. Dishwasher, no problem. TV, no problem. Both at once? Hmmm. The TV should fit upside-down between the folded rear seat and the front seat, but I'm not promising that it would survive the journey.

A standard US dishwasher will definitely fit. Here's how I loaded ours:
IMG_1547.JPG

Overall dimensions of TVs are less standardized so I can't say for sure if you can fit both the TV and dishwasher at the same time. But the more you can move the front seats forward while still being able to drive, the better your chances.

I recently hauled a rather large flat-packed sofa from Ikea and measured everything to check the fit beforehand.

With the rear seats folder, the relevant cargo space dimensions are: 72" long (obviously, this depends on exactly how far back you put your seat, but I'm tall so this should be near a worst case), 24" wide at the rear seats with one seat still up, 40" wide with both seats down, 27" tall at the top of the trunk lid, and 16" from the floor to where the trunk starts to curve up at the rear. The rear seat area itself is 53" wide.

The dishwasher should be no problem. I'm not sure about the TV, since we don't have those dimensions, but if you get them, you should be able to check against those numbers to see.

I bought my dishwasher machine half a year ago and I bought it from a man, so the dishwasher was already used and because of this I needed to transport it by myself in my RWD model S. To tell you the truth it fitted perfectly and the high, width and depth were approximately the same. So you should try to put yours in the car but take care on the TV because as I see it is very wide. By the way, that dishwasher is already broken so I ordered myself two classic commercial dishwashers from Ianboer.
mine did)