TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Will Autopilot Cars Get Priority Deliveries?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by gavine, Jul 10, 2018.

1. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

Just wondering what the community thinks. Is Tesla prioritizing Autopilot builds over non-AP, due to the higher profit margin?

I ordered my 3 without AP and I'm hoping they are not pushing these out in favor of AP cars. Do you think the wait will still be 3 to 5 months or more than that on non-AP cars?

2. Hkbruin

Hkbruin Member

It's entirely possible. I was thinking the same thing, that they have some algorithm that calculates your profit worthiness and prioritizes the orders that have the most options checked? Someone must know..

3. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

Well it is software and you could always add it later. Which is the same profit margin for them, so I guess it could go either way.

4. Chris350

Chris350 Member

I doubt it..... If Tesla wanted the xtra cash flow that bad, they would just roll out the free month of EAP to all now...

I am sure that they would benefit from that quicker than pushing out cars with it as a priority for cash now...

5. the_danimal

the_danimal Member

Better not. I chose to forgo EAP at purchase because I wanted AWD more. EAP can be added later, AWD cannot.

• Like x 1
  6. Duckiesauce

Duckiesauce Member

Not true in my case, configured 6/27 with no EAP and taking delivery tomorrow 7/11!! :D

• Helpful x 1
  7. Chris350

Chris350 Member

I thought about the AWD version..... But, as I live in Florida, I put my money over in the RWD w/EAP and the FSD.... I love to play with new software.... and I knew I would get the car quicker if I ordered a RWD version.... Hence, the quick delivery date... Then again, I reserved on 4/28/16

8. psykobunny83

psykobunny83 Member

Fingers crossed it means you get it faster. I got the autopilot and full self drive so that would be great news for me lol .

• Like x 1