Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Elon actually be there? Yes!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373759734.204512.jpg
Yes, that's wine from an appreciative owner.

The Livestream was great. Did anyone else hear Bonnie's head exploding when that guy kept saying how women aren't techies? Hello 1950's :biggrin:

I tried to view the stream but my Internet connection has been flaky all day. Any highlights or new info?

I've been following on twitter and saw a tweet about roadster telemetry indicating battery pack on that car wears down to 80% after 100k miles which has exceeded expectations.

While I'm sure the majority of S buyers are male at this point I don't see it as an "issue" that needs to be addressed by Tesla in any real way. I think women are quite capable of figuring out the advantages of an EV all on their own without special marketing efforts, which is what that guy seemed to be pressing for.

priceless! bonnie, you rock! as a woman who bought a model s, i know that he was referring to the traditional sales model where women are typically taken advantage of...but for those of us who entered into the Tesla purchasing, we knew that the price was the same no matter what...Elon Musk really took all the worry out of the purchasing process. now, if we could get those good ol boys to stop legislating against this sales model!!!! (yeah, i live in Texas, home of the )(&*)*&& dealer's association...)

I'm also a woman who researched and purchased my Model S all on my own. That man did have a point though about dealers rude treatment towards women - I'll never forget the time I brought my Toyota in for service because of an odd noise. The service manager tried to tell me it was just the sound of driving through rain puddles. He backed down after I gave him THE LOOK! Turned out it was a loose bolt on the engine block. I'm not one to be messed with when it comes to my car. :rolleyes:

I'm also a woman who researched and purchased my Model S all on my own. That man did have a point though about dealers rude treatment towards women - I'll never forget the time I brought my Toyota in for service because of an odd noise. The service manager tried to tell me it was just the sound of driving through rain puddles. He backed down after I gave him THE LOOK! Turned out it was a loose bolt on the engine block. I'm not one to be messed with when it comes to my car. :rolleyes:

Good for you. I've been given all kinds of stories by Toyota service people because they think that a non-technical person will believe anything and they don't want to actually find the problem. Sometimes I think that they just say the first thing that pops into their heads that will make the person go away so they can keep their cars-per-day number up. Not having to put up with that is worth at least $10K towards a Tesla.

While I'm sure the majority of S buyers are male at this point I don't see it as an "issue" that needs to be addressed by Tesla in any real way. I think women are quite capable of figuring out the advantages of an EV all on their own without special marketing efforts, which is what that guy seemed to be pressing for.

While the vast majority of attendees at TesLive were male, I wouldn't necessarily conclude that the ratio there was representative of ownership. I suspect they're doing just fine with women, subject to the usual constraints like wage disparity. Given past examples of marketing specifically aimed at women, I'd agree that Tesla should steer clear of the practice.