Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will EU Super Charger surpass the US briefly ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Benz and Cottonwood,

I have said several times that I am using the numbers from the supercharger.info site as my reference for what is in the US and what is in Europe. And that is the final word. I created this thread and if you don't like go make your own and post there. I am not into splitting hairs between the US and NA and I am not interested in splitting hairs between the EU and Europe.

I have said that I am willing to consider those things in the future if and when we pass the original mark. Sorry if you don't like it. No offense intended but this is the thread I want if you like it or not.

Benz and Cottonwood,

I have said several times that I am using the numbers from the supercharger.info site as my reference for what is in the US and what is in Europe. And that is the final word. I created this thread and if you don't like go make your own and post there. I am not into splitting hairs between the US and NA and I am not interested in splitting hairs between the EU and Europe.

I have said that I am willing to consider those things in the future if and when we pass the original mark. Sorry if you don't like it. No offense intended but this is the thread I want if you like it or not.

No worries, and no arguments; these are all just fun tracking numbers. I hope that you don't mind seeing some other numbers reported in addition to yours. The title of the thread that you started is "Will EU Super Charger surpass the US briefly ?" That is why one of my sets of numbers was the "U.S. vs EU."

There are a lot of Superchargers going in everywhere which is good for Tesla owners. Currently the 6-month trailing average install rate for North America is 8 per month and for Europe is 16.7 per month. For the last 3 months, it is 9.7 vs 18, and for December it is 10 vs 17. Looks like Europe will pass North America soon, no matter how you count, the only question is exactly when.

Happy holidays and enjoy your Teslas! :biggrin:

Benz and Cottonwood,

The numbers in the graph from the supercharger.info site represent the continents North America and Europe (and Asia). There are no total EU numbers shown in that graph. You just can't take an apple and tell us that it's something else. Wrong is simply wrong.

If you want to use the numers from supercharge.info then just change the title of this thread. We all make mistakes. There is nothing wrong with that.

The numbers in the graph from the supercharger.info site represent the continents North America and Europe (and Asia). There are no total EU numbers shown in that graph. You just can't take an apple and tell us that it's something else. Wrong is simply wrong.

If you want to use the numers from supercharge.info then just change the title of this thread. We all make mistakes. There is nothing wrong with that.

It's clear he made the thread comparing the number of superchargers in Europe versus the US. Last time I checked EU was still an exceptable abbreviation for Europe.

No worries, and no arguments; these are all just fun tracking numbers. I hope that you don't mind seeing some other numbers reported in addition to yours. The title of the thread that you started is "Will EU Super Charger surpass the US briefly ?" That is why one of my sets of numbers was the "U.S. vs EU."

There are a lot of Superchargers going in everywhere which is good for Tesla owners. Currently the 6-month trailing average install rate for North America is 8 per month and for Europe is 16.7 per month. For the last 3 months, it is 9.7 vs 18, and for December it is 10 vs 17. Looks like Europe will pass North America soon, no matter how you count, the only question is exactly when.

Happy holidays and enjoy your Teslas! :biggrin:

Thank you cottonwood. Other numbers are fine in addition.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry you don't like the thread. Please post elsewhere.

It's clear he made the thread comparing the number of superchargers in Europe versus the US. Last time I checked EU was still an exceptable abbreviation for Europe.

So, it's ok to just forget about the fact that Norway and Switzerland are not EU-countries?

Facts cannot be denied.

And if it's clear that he made the thread to use the numbers of Europe (instead of EU), then why not just change the title of the thread and mention Europe instead of EU?

So, it's ok to just forget about the fact that Norway and Switzerland are not EU-countries?

Facts cannot be denied.

And if it's clear that he made the thread to use the numbers of Europe (instead of EU), then why not just change the title of the thread and mention Europe instead of EU?

It is very interesting to note that all your recent posts are spent arguing the whole EU vs Europe thing while your posts below pulled from the earlier pages of this thread were focused on NA vs Europe. It seems that at that time you had no problem with the Europe vs NA counts and no problem declaring Europe would never catch up but now as that race grows close it appears there is need to switch the focus.

There will be about 300 Supercharger stations in Europe at the end of 2016. By then there will be more Supercharger stations in North Amerika.

I have to admit that both permits and construction are much smoother and take less time in Europe than in North Amerika. That can get really frustrating for you, I think.

Actually, it would be more fair to compare the progress in 2014 so far (being a period of 42 weeks). And then we see that North Amerika is clearly in the lead with 70 new live Supercharger stations (= 1.66666 per week), against 62 in Europe (= 1.47619 per week).

It is very interesting to note that all your recent posts are spent arguing the whole EU vs Europe thing while your posts below pulled from the earlier pages of this thread were focused on NA vs Europe. It seems that at that time you had no problem with the Europe vs NA counts and no problem declaring Europe would never catch up but now as that race grows close it appears there is need to switch the focus.

Because that is what should have been the comparison from the beginning: comparing the continents North America and Europe.

By 2016 Tesla plans to build SpC in the following non-EU European countries.

Russia or at least the European regions of Russia
Ukraine
Serbia
Macedonia
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Non EU European countries left out.

Belarus
Albania
Montenegro

* There looks to be SpC coming to the border area between Serbia proper and the partially recognized autonomous Republic of Kosovo.

By 2016 Tesla plans to build SpC in the following non-EU European countries.

Russia or at least the European regions of Russia
Ukraine
Serbia
Macedonia
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Non EU European countries left out.

Belarus
Albania
Montenegro

* There looks to be SpC coming to the border area between Serbia proper and the partially recognized autonomous Republic of Kosovo.

Yes indeed, and we do want to include those new live Supercharger stations in the total number for Europe too.

And I also think that Tesla Motors will decide to build Supercharger stations in Mexico too. Maybe already in 2016?

Mexico is considered to be part of North America, right?

Check out the Supercharger growth thread.

Tesla Motors updated their Supercharger page and showed a 2016 North America Supercharger map.

Chickensevil counted the dots: 418 Supercharger stations in North America at the end of 2016 (+/- 5).

Check out the Supercharger growth thread.

Tesla Motors updated their Supercharger page and showed a 2016 North America Supercharger map.

Chickensevil counted the dots: 418 Supercharger stations in North America at the end of 2016 (+/- 5).

I saw that and I certainly hope that it is right.

With nothing new in Europe in the last two weeks it is certainly slowing down. But we are still only 20 apart so still possible if a surge occurs.