Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Model S be your only car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heck, spend $10k more, buy the Performance and you'll be able to sell the 911 for a net profit!

I'd get the performance if it moved me up the queue a bit :)

Actually, I might get it anyway. I want to see what the interior looks like. I have a year to make decision. I look forward to reading about performance models in people's hands here.

As for the 911, it's my fifth. I'll be buried in one. No one takes that away. I believe that's in my pre-nup and my living will.

That type of feel (which comes from having an unrestricted front suspension and steering and a low CG and a nice motor) is what I hope to get from the Model S!

Last edited:
Model S will be replacing my ICE Infiniti when the lease ends early next year. My wife drives a Subaru Outback, and she's really hoping we can afford to replace it with a Model X when her lease ends in 2014. I've got a Ford F-150 long bed that I use only when I need to haul sheets of plywood or lumber from the yard. As soon as someone makes an affordable EV pick-up truck that can haul 4x8 sheet goods, I'll drive that truck into Lake Michigan (after draining all the fluids, of course).

I haven't decided one way or the other as the Model S is not inexpensive and I'd like to see it in person first. I'll probably keep my LS3 powered Corvette coupe and maybe even keep my wifes cadillac CTS AWD 304hp sports sedan as they both depreciate pretty hard.

I am enamored with the Telsa S sedan though so who knows....Maybe I'll get rid of cadillac and keep the telsa S as the family vehicle.

I have no fear of a need to drive more than 230 miles in a day. At 52 years old I've never driven that many miles in a day and if I have its been a very very rare occurance.

If I needed to? I'd just rent a car for the trip or just take the vette.

Great forum and this is my first post.!

JB