Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Model S be your only car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. We'll have an SLK roadster for our second car. Unless we have to haul crap, it'll work for long distance touristing. If we have to haul crap and it's too far for the S, then we'll swap cars with a friend for that trip.

I'm hoping to be able to replace the SLK with the Tesla Roadster 3.0.

I need to decide what to do. I only have room to park 2 cars at the moment where I live. Looks like the Jetta might be finding a new home.

Looks like there are two identical threads. Can they be merged?

My Model S will be my new daily driver. First time we've ever had more than 2 cars.

Keeping my '08 Odyssey for long-haul trips, Home Depot runs, etc. It will most likely be the car my (now 14-year-old) son eventually learns to drive.

Keeping the wife's '00 Lexus RX-300 until she finally figures out what she wants to replace it with. Given she's spent the past couple of years working on the IEEE P2030 smart grid standard, I'd like to see her choose an EV, but she's looking at Mercedes coupes right now.

/Mitch.

To reply to my own thread:
We currently have a Roadster and a Prius.
I would get rid of the Prius except that we need a 2nd car that can carry 4 people on very rare occasions, I plan to do all family and long distance driving with the Model S, and the Prius may only be driven a few times per year.

Will the Model S be your only car or will you have another car?
If it is an ICE car will you use it as your backup for long drives?

I have a '04 Chevy Classic I'll keep as a second car. I'll only use it when my wife and I both want to use a car at the same time, when I have to do "dirty" hauling, or on longer round trips that only last a week or two. I don't want to leave the Model S "home alone" for longer periods of time. For road trips where we'll be away for a month or more, we'll use the Model S.