Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will pending deliveries and orders get MY price reduction?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have delivery scheduled for my MY on 07/21/2020. I also ordered a MY for my wife which is pending VIN assignment. Does anyone know for sure if Tesla will reduce the price to match current website pricing in these two circumstances? I don’t want to cancel and reorder to get the lower price. Both vehicles are AWD/FSD/Geminis.

I am scheduled to pick up on 7/14. Then today they called me to come and pick up the car. Fortunately I was out as it is the weekend and I responded that I cannot pick up today , we should stay with the original schedule 7/14. Then they emailed me to electronically pay the balance. I told them that I am not at home and I will do it in the evening once I am back home. . I returned back home and found out that there is a price drop. Now i see why the hustle to get the money. Once they get the money they have the advantage.
I wrote back to them saying that unless i get the new pricing I will not take delivery. I am willing to wait or cancel , which ever makes sense. Waiting for response from Tesla. I plan to call tomorrow and talk to them on this.

• Informative
Reactions: Hawkstrike
I am scheduled to pick up on 7/14. Then today they called me to come and pick up the car. Fortunately I was out as it is the weekend and I responded that I cannot pick up today , we should stay with the original schedule 7/14. Then they emailed me to electronically pay the balance. I told them that I am not at home and I will do it in the evening once I am back home. . I returned back home and found out that there is a price drop. Now i see why the hustle to get the money. Once they get the money they have the advantage.
I wrote back to them saying that unless i get the new pricing I will not take delivery. I am willing to wait or cancel , which ever makes sense. Waiting for response from Tesla. I plan to call tomorrow and talk to them on this.
That sounds like the right plan. I will be calling tomorrow as well. It would really be a nice surprise to get $2k off both MYs!

I plan to call tomorrow and talk to them on this.

They are taking the $3K off the LR models by hitting them up on chat or calling. No argument. Easy. Just factor in the fact that if you ask them to do this, and you locked in FSD for $7K, they will bump that to the new cost of $8K that hit on July 1. Definitely recommend doing the math carefully before asking. For me, I split the difference and it was $2K off the car, basically, so I jumped on it.