Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the CAQ abolish rebates un Québec?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Francois Legault seemed to dodge the question during the leaders debate. Should we worry about losing the $8000 incentive in Québec like they did in Ontario? I was waiting for SR Model 3 to be available but now I’m not sure if it’s worth risking the rebate. I’m cautiously waiting to see where the CAQ I’d going with this...for now.

...and I can’t edit the typo in the title sorry!

Yeah, it’s going to be a long four years. I was hoping for at least a minority government so he can’t screw things up too much on the environmental front but I guess he’ll have free reign.
Maybe he’ll redeem himself with buck a beer.

That’s good news about the Orford députée.

Just read this news yesterday (in French):
Le programme «Roulez Électrique» presque à sec

I'm a day 1 reservation holder (spent the night at the SC in Montréal..) and I was waiting for SR but now I'm not so sure anymore... But even if I place my order right now and it takes 3 month to get the car, I might not even get any rebate at all... This situation is really not ideal :(

What does the article/post say? They're removing the incentives? Very sad if this is the case after what happened in Ontario. Stepping back to 1990s to eliminate EVs again.

What does the article/post say? They're removing the incentives? Very sad if this is the case after what happened in Ontario. Stepping back to 1990s to eliminate EVs again.

They aren't removing the incentive directly but the fund for the program will be depleted in December or January 2019 if nothing is done. I sure hope someone in the government wakes up and fix this!

Just read this news yesterday (in French):
Le programme «Roulez Électrique» presque à sec

I'm a day 1 reservation holder (spent the night at the SC in Montréal..) and I was waiting for SR but now I'm not so sure anymore... But even if I place my order right now and it takes 3 month to get the car, I might not even get any rebate at all... This situation is really not ideal :(

There does not seem to be any wait right now. You should have a car very quickly if you order now.

Hey hold on now. Dollarize the amount of CO2 saved by any EV and the rebates look like chump change. One less chronic asthma sufferer saves our health care system tens of thousands in their life time (2.1 Billion annual cost to Canadian system spent on asthma)

https://www.asthma.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Asthma-Facts-and-Stats.pdf

But of course, Harper put an end to that with funding cuts to our sciences nation wide. Anyone willing to pay tax on $100,000 vehicle - good for them for achieving financial success and purchasing what they want.

Twelve more years to turn things around and all corners of the world want to go back to 1960's with double the world population. You can't have non-stop linear growth using decades old technology without significant systemic imbalances. Heatwaves, droughts, water shortages while that water is picked up by epic storms at other parts of the world. The *sugar* storm is here, we should be doing everything in our power to mitigate the damage to the climate system while bracing for the worse.

Reactions: Jerk
EV rebates are not popular with the general public. The perception is they go to the rich who can afford expensive EV's. They should at least be capped at maximum $50,000.00 EV's

Policy should be based on facts, not on perception.

Quebec is the province with the lowest percentage of climate-change deniers, so your perception of what the public perception is there may be wrong as well.

Policy should be based on facts, not on perception.

Quebec is the province with the lowest percentage of climate-change deniers, so your perception of what the public perception is there may be wrong as well.

Maybe but I suspect the issue is giving tax dollars to the rich. I highly doubt that is popular anywhere. Perception or not.

Even in Ontario the Liberals had to deal with the problem of public concerns about rebates on expensive cars and had to set a cap.