Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the jerk driving a white MS70 FL plate JVI M84 please explain yourself?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I don't plug in other people's stuff because I don't know what might happen. What if the guy plugged in and the car started to smoke? He unplugged and called Tesla to deal with the issue. While not very likely, this is an entirely possible scenario. You plug the car in, you take responsibility for the consequences.

As someone in another thread said, "Never rub another man's rhubarb".

BTW, people leave their cars at gas pumps all the time while they go into the store. Where do you drive?

wow you sure are an over thinker.......

• Funny
Reactions: Don TLR and sorka
I question that picture.
Looks like nobody was plugged in. Were the stations even online?

Absolutely you should question that, after all, it’s ok when “we” do it. Must be one of them deepfakes.

I truly love threads like this one, the mental gymnastics used to justify or defend such behavior are only surpassed by the “service is great and my Model 3 had been trouble-free” threads/posts.

The rest of us simple folk would just give it a “dude, not cool to block the charger” and move on.

Reactions: T3slaOwner
As unlikely as that is, I'd certainly expect them to vacate that spot in the meantime.

People leave their cars while their pumping gas or they go into the store to pay for gas before they pump. Again, you're making completely different and irrelevant comparisons. The comparison I was making is someone parking at a gas pump and then going shopping or doing something unrelated to their gas stop. Going to the bathroom, getting drinks, paying for gas, etc etc is all related to their gas stop. If they stop to do all of that but don't get gas, they don't park at a gas pump. Duh.

I see people pump their gas, not move the car and enter the facility leaving the car at the pump with the hose back on the pump. Not everyday, but then I don't need gas every day, in fact I pump gas only once on the weeks when I use the truck while I have to charge twice a week when I use the Tesla. The range is not at all comparable, a reliable 400 miles vs. an uncertain 200ish depending on where the chargers are.

Additionally, if Tesla thought this was an issue, they certainly wouldn't allow the charge handle button to open the charge port while the car is locked.
That's the way my car works. Or I should say the loaner S85D I have. It does not open if I don't have the key nearby. My model X doesn't open without being unlocked either. I'd say this is a bug in the software. I suppose you could say Telsa doesn't have bugs in their software, but I think the evidence says otherwise.

What sort of information are you able to obtain from a license plate? Go ahead, I'm waiting...

Well, I could get their name and address, insurance co. etc..... and then Google the name for his/her life story. From there, shame them on Social media for the arrogance of parking in an EV spot w/o plugging in. Further research could get me SS#'s of his/her , their kids names and school and spread pedophile stories. Open credit card accounts and pile up the charges...............for starters. With just a name or even just a photo, man I can F&%$ up a persons life. Of course I wouldn't do that :eek: I am a sensible person :) But................

Well, I could get their name and address, insurance co. etc..... and then Google the name for his/her life story. From there, shame them on Social media for the arrogance of parking in an EV spot w/o plugging in. Further research could get me SS#'s of his/her , their kids names and school and spread pedophile stories. Open credit card accounts and pile up the charges...............for starters. With just a name or even just a photo, man I can F&%$ up a persons life. Of course I wouldn't do that :eek: I am a sensible person :) But................

I'd love to know how you can get info on a person from the tag number. Cops/DMV around here won't give that out.

I'm pretty sure your whole story is BS. Having a name is the least useful way to target a person. There are at least three others with the same first and last name in my home town last time I looked. You need to couple that with a lot of other info to narrow it down to one person.

On the other hand, a web site can narrow you down to a handful of people in the world by the info they can access legitimately through the browser accessing a web page.

I see people pump their gas, not move the car and enter the facility leaving the car at the pump with the hose back on the pump. Not everyday, but then I don't need gas every day, in fact I pump gas only once on the weeks when I use the truck while I have to charge twice a week when I use the Tesla. The range is not at all comparable, a reliable 400 miles vs. an uncertain 200ish depending on where the chargers are.

Specious.

That's the way my car works. Or I should say the loaner S85D I have. It does not open if I don't have the key nearby. My model X doesn't open without being unlocked either. I'd say this is a bug in the software. I suppose you could say Telsa doesn't have bugs in their software, but I think the evidence says otherwise.

The button on the handle of any UMC, HWPC, or supercharger will unlock the charge port of any S/X. Has always been this way.

So just wrong.

The issue is whether someone can plug in your car. The charge port won't open without the car being unlocked as I said.

It will happily open on a locked Model S. Used to see tons of them hanging open at service centers with superchargers back before they had auto closing charge port doors. Our locked Model S happily opens its door and unlocks the port every time I push the HPWC button to plug in my 3. Now, that is not true for the X, and possibly not the 3.

• Informative
Reactions: sorka and brianman
This is flatly wrong. Full stop.

Both cars I've tried it on would not open the charge port until the key was present and the car could unlock. I'm not as familiar with the S. My X automatically unlocks when I approach and the driver's door will even open. I've tried opening the port when I don't have the key on me and it doesn't. Same with the model S I have as a loaner.

BTW, how do S owners get by with having to open their own doors? How déclassé!

• Disagree
Reactions: sorka
Are you trying to “open the port” by pressing the button on a UMC / HPWC / Supercharger? Because I assure you that works on the S.

it sounds like the X/3 don’t share this behavior.

No, I'm pressing the port cover which is what I typically use. Does the button on the cable do anything before it is plugged in? I'm not clear on how that would work on one car but not all of them nearby.

What's a UMP? You mean a mobile charging cable?

No, I'm pressing the port cover which is what I typically use. Does the button on the cable do anything before it is plugged in? I'm not clear on how that would work on one car but not all of them nearby.

What's a UMP? You mean a mobile charging cable?

Port cover press doesn’t work when locked. Button on a charger handle does. Yes, it will work on “all of them nearby” if other cars are close enough.

if you have alerts turned on with the app to notify when charging begins, if this was the case with me and someone plugged me in, I'd be high tailing it to the parking lot to see who made the choice to get their face busted in for touching my car.

Not that i would EVER just park and take up a spot for no reason, but F with my car, there is going to be a problem.

That’s the spirit!

(OK outside of Whole Foods in Cupertino, generally a bad idea in Texas though)

:)

• Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec and sorka