Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wind noise around the windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't you use silicon sealant in the gaps all round before you put in the rubber seals? Then press it all in firm and just wipe off the excess once it's in place. Once it's dried and set it should be pretty much air tight I'd have thought.

You can get the clear waterproof stuff for a couple of quid.
I already have a tube of black sealant. However, it's a lease car that is due to be returned in a few months so I'm reluctant to do this.

Reactions: Nick77
My 2019 LR had bad wind noise on the driver’s side window area. I fixed it myself by trial and error. In my case the noise came from the trim on the top of the door:

mine has mostly behaved itself but yesterday driving home I noticed a clear wind noise sounding like it was coming from the top/rear area of the drivers side door/window. Tried lowering/raising the window but didn’t get rid of it. Will keep an eye on it over the coming days and if it stays I’ll report it. Was ok with a little noise at motorway speeds but this was clearly audible above 40 and right by my ear

You really should. Instead of engaging with the original post, which was really quite reasonably argued, you decided to try and play the condescending smartarse.

mine has mostly behaved itself but yesterday driving home I noticed a clear wind noise sounding like it was coming from the top/rear area of the drivers side door/window. Tried lowering/raising the window but didn’t get rid of it. Will keep an eye on it over the coming days and if it stays I’ll report it. Was ok with a little noise at motorway speeds but this was clearly audible above 40 and right by my ear
I wish you all the best with it - mine will not go away. Lease expires in December, not staying with Tesla.

Have you cleaned and lubricated the seals around the glass? If they aren't forming a good seal you will get noise.

Sorry to revive this thread. My car was in with Tesla today to get multiple rattles sorted from the rear seats. They appear to have sorted that and put a lot of it down to a misaligned something or other and a seal. Now I'm getting wind noise from the rear passenger window about 40mph. Honestly these cars are made of chocolate.

Sorry to revive this thread. My car was in with Tesla today to get multiple rattles sorted from the rear seats. They appear to have sorted that and put a lot of it down to a misaligned something or other and a seal. Now I'm getting wind noise from the rear passenger window about 40mph. Honestly these cars are made of chocolate.
Slap it together and hope for the best and fix it with an update...
How about using the internal mike and then noise-cancelling through the speakers - much more high-tech than building it right...
😈