Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

window goes up, then down a bit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had this issue this week with my 22 myp. Never had this issue with the 20 model 3. Luckily it’s gone up both times it’s happened but it’s happened to both drivers windows. I just updated to 12.3.1 and hope it fixes it and I’ll try the calibration also.

I had Tesla come and replace the motor for driver side window. After a few weeks, both driver side and passenger side occasionally rolls up then comes back down. It seems like it does that when the weather is cold or sometimes when I go over bumpy roads. Does this make sense to anyone? Is Tesla able to fix this?

It 100% does this on bumps as there is a sensor in there to detect obstructions and it thinks a bump is an obstruction.

I had this issue and spoke to service. They told me about the bump false positive. I went driving and verified it by doing auto up as I went over a bump and it’s easily repeatable.

Unfortunately with the stiff suspension even tiny bumps cause the issue. So driving on a bumpy freeway means it will happen often.

I asked if there was a way to decrease the sensitivity and they said no.

Regulator replaced, problem still persists. No idea what to do next.
I had the issue were the window would close and then come down about 4 inches. On the first service call the tech replaced the motor. On the second service call the tech replaced the regulator. Since neither solved the problem, it needed to go into the shop. They ended up replacing the window because the curve on it was not correct. We have not had an issue with that window since.

I had the service guy over today, and he had never heard of the issue while the car was moving. He had heard of it in Model 3, for instance, but it would happen even when the car is standing still. In my Model Y, it's only when driving over (even relatively small) bumps in the road. He tried some rubber chicken fixes, but doesn't think this will help.
The same thing happens me. I’ve had it serviced 3 times and they still haven’t fixed it. It’s like the pinch sensor is too sensitive.

Had both regulators replaced, door seals replaced and windows recalibrated and issue hasn’t gone away. So basically I have to live with this “feature”.
They tried the same repairs on my Y and ended up replacing the window glass. Finally, that solved the problem. See if they can do this for you.