Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s not waviness from curving around the windshield. The windshield on my Esprit is really flat. It’s just the way the film is. I am talking about very small waves not big ones. And it causes haloing at night. As I said in my original post, you stop noticing the waves during daylight driving.

Any chance of having DIY kits for the door windows and windshield (rock chips) as well?
It's been our experience that installation of Windshield Gard kits, our product name for windshield protection film kits, is best left to professionals due to the size and complexity of the curvatures, especially on Tesla models. Thus, we only sell Windshield Gard kits to professional auto detailers and dealers. If you are interested in one of our kits for your windshield, we have installation professionals who could buy the kit and install it for you.

Got mine, but am waiting for a day that's warm enough to install! I have to say, the cardboard envelope and film inside were coated with garage soot. Coated. Not confidence-inspiring.
KenC, Sorry you are experiencing an issue with the packaging. It shouldn't be that way. Can you send some pictures of that? We will contact you separately to address this directly with you.

KenC, Sorry you are experiencing an issue with the packaging. It shouldn't be that way. Can you send some pictures of that? We will contact you separately to address this directly with you.
No, problem, I'll clean the film carefully, just surprised the envelope was so grimy. You can see it's all over the tape that was used to tape the mailing address down. The film is better, but would be cleaned regardless. Here's a pic of the envelope:
IMG_5383.jpg

I've installed tint in the past and the toughest part is heat shrinking to get the right shape. If there's a product that's pre-shrinked to fit the rear windows I wouldn't mind paying a premium to purchase and ship.

As others mentioned, protecting the small window means the thief would then resort to breaking the larger window just to pull the seat down. I would feel a lot better if the film is applied to both the rear window and the quarter window.

Still, I have two concerns:
- Is there such as thing as an emergency situation where you would want the window to break in order to reach the passengers after a crash?
- Can someone slash the window with a razor blade and compromise the integrity of the film?

How much is shipping? The workflow of your site requires me to give up all my info (email, address) before I learn the total cost, I'd prefer to know an estimate just by entering my zip code before giving all the rest of my PII.

I paid $10 for s/h. I did think about whether protecting the little window, raised the risk of the rear window being broken, but I thought the whole point of breaking the little window is because it doesn't trigger the alarm?

• Informative
Reactions: jamaro
I paid $10 for s/h. I did think about whether protecting the little window, raised the risk of the rear window being broken, but I thought the whole point of breaking the little window is because it doesn't trigger the alarm?
Yes. I think that’s the issue. Hopefully, if they can’t quickly get thru the small window, they’ll give up, since breaking the rear window sets off the alarm.

- Is there such as thing as an emergency situation where you would want the window to break in order to reach the passengers after a crash?

It's only the quarter glass rear window ... so they can still break the regular window if needed.

How much is shipping? The workflow of your site requires me to give up all my info (email, address) before I learn the total cost, I'd prefer to know an estimate just by entering my zip code before giving all the rest of my PII.

Yeah ... really poor form on their part :rolleyes: