Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window Tinting in Atlanta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure. Asking for reference so I can get a good price. How much did you pay for windshield, all windows and rear one piece ?
You should be $900-$1250 depending how you configure it. Do XR PRIME (not the plus) on the back. The PRIME withholds too much heat and the glas can crack one day otherwise. Get PLUS on all 4 sides and the 70% windshield. Windshield is perfect at 70% and the most important to do of all the glass.

You can package it many different ways. Plus cost more. Windshield costs more. Call them or just stop by. They are the only viable option in the area. Especially for Tesla vehicles.
The only viable option in the area? That's a very interesting statement and you couldn't be more misinformed. AP3 is NOT the only game in town. I had work done there and I wasn't impressed.

If you're looking for a particular film (e.g., XPEL, Llumar, Prestige, etc.), you should identify the film first and not the tinter. Once you identify the film you want, you should filter down to find the installer.

The only viable option in the area? That's a very interesting statement and you couldn't be more misinformed. AP3 is NOT the only game in town. I had work done there and I wasn't impressed.

If you're looking for a particular film (e.g., XPEL, Llumar, Prestige, etc.), you should identify the film first and not the tinter. Once you identify the film you want, you should filter down to find the installer.
Just my initial opinion and in a few days I'll really analyze the work better and know how it all worked out for me. Seems perfect on first glance. They even took care of something else for me FREE of charge AND washed the complete exterior. And it was in rough shape as I just spent a week driving back and forth all the way down to Sarasota, FL

The film? Well it sure seems that XPEL Prime Plus is among the best currently available.

AP3 does make a huge effort to sperate themselves from the pack. They clearly spend a lot of time and energy (and money) on promoting themselves and the products and services they offer. They are active in the vehicle communities as well so maybe the competition should step it up? You make me sound like a fanboy when in fact I'm just one customer who made a choice based on the facts presented. I'll always go to the restaurant with actual humans inside eating and the food/inventory getting turned over vs. the dead place with nobody there and nobody ordering out. Sorry. Marketing and attitude matter in addition to seeing results. They have done the most Tesla vehicles in this area as far as I can see. I chose them as a result....

Just my initial opinion and in a few days I'll really analyze the work better and know how it all worked out for me. Seems perfect on first glance. They even took care of something else for me FREE of charge AND washed the complete exterior. And it was in rough shape as I just spent a week driving back and forth all the way down to Sarasota, FL

The film? Well it sure seems that XPEL Prime Plus is among the best currently available.

AP3 does make a huge effort to sperate themselves from the pack. They clearly spend a lot of time and energy (and money) on promoting themselves and the products and services they offer. They are active in the vehicle communities as well so maybe the competition should step it up? You make me sound like a fanboy when in fact I'm just one customer who made a choice based on the facts presented. I'll always go to the restaurant with actual humans inside eating and the food/inventory getting turned over vs. the dead place with nobody there and nobody ordering out. Sorry. Marketing and attitude matter in addition to seeing results. They have done the most Tesla vehicles in this area as far as I can see. I chose them as a result....
Stating they're the only viable option around makes you sound exactly like the fanboi you claim you're not. Have you taken your vehicle(s) to other shops in the Atlanta metro area? How do you know they're the "only viable" option? Because they service a large number of Teslas and they're active on Instagram are proof points they're the best? Makes sense Timmy...:rolleyes:

Josh at Executive Tint in Roswell has done 6 tesla for us over the years. No bubbles or hair in the tint. Side windows are done to the edges, so when you roll down the windows you don’t have that $99 tint job look.

Attachments

• 18B99CF4-2EF1-459B-BDCB-F11B96400771.jpeg
    18B99CF4-2EF1-459B-BDCB-F11B96400771.jpeg
    659.5 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: cwhite51 and D-ATL
I did, he quoted $525 for 3m ceramic for four doors and one piece rear window. Is this a good deal ?
Why are you so price obsessed? You've asked no less than five times about price in this short three page thread. The price is the price. You can pay $99 for a non-color stable film that will turn purple and bubble up in short order or you can pay up for a quality film.

I’m new to this. So pardon my ignorance. Just want to make sure it’s a good deal :)
It's unlikely you will find a large pricing disparity in the Atlanta metro area for the cost of film/installation of the same product. For example, Installer A who carries Llumar FormulaOne Stratos will not charge 50% more than Installer B who carries Llumar FormulaOne Stratos.

Reactions: Vitaman
Cool to find this forum & discussion... (Agree w/previous posts) Does anyone have additional product/actual cost information for us to leverage for the good of our community? 🖖
I think cost transparency is the hallmark of healthy competition. I am also the happy soon-to-be owner of a model Y... (11/19-11/24 ?)
Nonetheless; Am I crazy - or is the inability for folks to share details on costs of these services some kind of conspiracy...🙃

Reactions: turrmoil
Cool to find this forum & discussion... (Agree w/previous posts) Does anyone have additional product/actual cost information for us to leverage for the good of our community? 🖖
I think cost transparency is the hallmark of healthy competition. I am also the happy soon-to-be owner of a model Y... (11/19-11/24 ?)
Nonetheless; Am I crazy - or is the inability for folks to share details on costs of these services some kind of conspiracy...🙃
Pricing is all over the board. It’s based on location, tint shop, tint selected, and coverage. I’ve had about six vehicles tinted in the last five years and the pricing varied. Happy to provide additional details if you’d like.

I recommend Josh at Executive Tint in Roswell. In regards to pricing, that all depends on how many windows are being tinted. I paid $150 plus tip for the 2 front windows (rear windows already tinted) when I had my Model X done. Would say expect to pay around $300-500 for a Model Y.

If i did it again id just get AP3 to do it, had them do ppf on the front end and a local guy do the tint for about $200 cheaper but im thinking their quality would be better. Owner has a 3 and there are always several up there
Figured I would update my post from 2 years ago since im in the process of upgrading to a dual motor from SR+.
Tint I will probably go to my local guy again AP3 wants $1125+ for what I can get done down here for $600-700.

Also their PPF prices jumped up a decent amount Front Clip went from $1600 to $1750 which isnt to bad but front bumper went from $400 to 750.
My wife had her Blazer front in done(bumper, half hood, half fenders) and it was only $600

There are several options in the Atlanta area metro; however, I suggest going to Derek at Atlanta Protective Films in Roswell. Derek has been in business for over 15 years and is highly skilled. I will be taking my MYP to him for PPF when I take delivery in December.

Folks - first - thanks for sharing your experiences, expertise and suggestions on window tinting.

I hope to take delivery of my model y soon and am shopping for window tinting the front windows and the windshield. Here’s the quotes I have received:

Shop: AP3 Atlanta
Tint material - XPel XR Plus (98% heat rejection)
$300 for tinting front two windows
$350 for tinting the windshield

Shop: The Tint Guy
Tint material- 3M Crystalline (99% heat rejection)
$565 for all four windows and rear window
$300 for windshield

I’m interested in other quotes as well / data points from the community here so we can make our own decisions.

=============
AS A SIDE NOTE
=============

Some folks here have questioned this mode of shopping and expressed displeasure at the notion of shopping around. Either you are a service provider in this space and want to discourage free market discussions amongst customers or you are not in our league who do like to get the best deal. Hence, to prevent this thread from going in the wrong direction I humbly request you to NOT participate with rants and negative comments and allow the conversation to stay on track with pricing details that some of us shoppers are seeking.

Reactions: coolpal